[Resolved] Registration and shopping cart problems

Frances Bloomer

Latest error logs from the cart file on cPanel shows these two errors no matter what page was pulled up.  Nothing comes up in Admin error logs.  They still show --None--.

[09-Dec-2016 17:39:46 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mb_split() in /home/bobbin/public_html/cart/includes/lib/smarty/plugins/shared.mb_str_replace.php on line 48
[09-Dec-2016 18:09:03 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/bobbin/public_html/cart/XXX/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 311

Fran

Hi, Ian.  Here is the list in the Command Configure section: 

'./configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-mbregex' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql' '--with-mysqli' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pic' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'

I can't tell if this means mbregex is enabled or not, the way the spacing is done.

Fran

This Smarty Forum conversation has interesting info:

http://www.smarty.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18821

My display of PHP Info includes a short table mentioning Multibyte Regex -- while the tables you posted earlier do not.

Also, my Configure Command box does not have these:

'--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-mbregex'

Both fileinfo() and the adjunct functions to mbstring() will need to be compiled into the PHP that runs your site.

That will need to be done by your hosting provider, unless this helpful page would apply to your situation:

http://www.itoctopus.com/how-to-resolve-the-call-to-undefined-function-mb-split-fatal-error-on-a-joomla-website

Perhaps, as a work-around until your PHP gets re-compiled, try this:

In a file located in CubeCart's main folder:

Name: ini-custom.inc.php
Contents:
<?php
if (!defined('SMARTY_MBSTRING')) define('SMARTY_MBSTRING', false);

If this file already exists, just add the second line to the bottom of the file (above the final ?> if present).

Bsmither, that workaround got me further than ever before.  There are still a few oddities, as in the checkout page shows the name of the person twice, but I was able to run a test purchase through.

The pages now show "Ecommerce powered by" at the bottom- no CubeCart there yet.

Oh, and when I first pulled the page up, the bx slider was working, as it had not before. Now I have to figure out how to get my images in there correctly.  Find the filepath.

Many thanks- we'll see what happens when the PHP gets refigured.

Fran

2 hours ago, Frances Bloomer said:

It's been so many years since I did any code work, I might as well be a total newbie.  When I get all this sorted I will rename.... if I can remember exactly where to rename!  Thanks for reminding me.

Fran

When the time comes... You will need to edit the includes/global.inc.php file and rename your current "admin" folder and "admin.php" file to match global.inc.php. You have to change permission to edit global.inc.php and then change it back to 444 when you're through. You can't edit it from ftp - has to be from your cPanel or similar.

9 hours ago, Frances Bloomer said:

OK, I will read these pages and also pass this on.  Thanks so much, Brian and Ian!
Fran

Mbstring being installed while mbregex has been uninstalled is a very rare situation that I have seen a couple of times before on other hosting companies ad I didn't immediately think of that possibility but bragged it from somewhere last night so glad that was the solution for you. 

7 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

You have to change permission to edit global.inc.php and then change it back to 444 when you're through. You can't edit it from ftp - has to be from your cPanel or similar.

That actually isn't true, most FTP clients will allow you to change file attributes and ownership and change they back afterwards.  We never use cPanel file manager for anything as a good FTP client is far better and more versatile.

Ian

Not a problem, Dirty Butter.  I'm learning from reading the exchange.

My web admin tells me these are now enabled:

Multibyte (japanese) regex support

enabled

Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check

On

Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version

fileinfo support

enabled

version

libmagic

Should I take the (working) workaround out and test this, or is it better to leave it be?

I'm still getting "Ecommerce powered by" at the bottom of the page.  It does not say CubeCart.

Thanks-

Fran

Yes, you may (and should) remove the one added line. There is no consequence to leaving the ini-custom.inc.php file in place, even if the only thing in it is <?php as the very first line.

I do see the complete notice. The green background sets up a horrible contrast with the "eCommerce by" lettering, and even worse with the color of the "CubeCart" link. But it's all there.

I have removed the workaround.  This is what is left in the ini-custom file:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');
?>

I reloaded the main page, put a test item in the basket and so far it seems to be ok. If it freaks out later I'll put the workaround back until things settle.

Ah, I see what you mean about the green.  The dark green will be replaced, or I will change the text so it can be seen better.

Now to figure out the proper file path to get an image into the slider.  The ones I have tried so far are clearly not the right ones. Scanning the forum...

Thanks again for your help, everyone.

Fran