my first order with on site with paypal, I am a newbie

woodupic

I rec'd my first order today ...they said they paid through paypal... it shows paypal on the gateway part of the order form I printed... now what do I do? just wait to hear something from paypal? I go into my paypal account and there is no activity... do I change the status from pending to processing on my end? will that help? I sell on amazon all the time but like I said I am new here... my first sale with cubecart..... helppppppppp please....thank you!

Welcome woodupic! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I am not familiar with PayPal, but I would imagine that once PayPal confirms they have the customer's money, they will deposit it in your PayPal account -- eventually.

Then, PayPal should send a notice to your store (there is an API call for them to do that) that will have CubeCart move the order to Processing.

Then, you ship the item and move the order to Completed.

MYSTOREURL/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

It can take a while for PayPal to post to your PP account and send you an email with the payment notice. Christmas shopping can slow the process down.

If the settings are correct, PP should be talking to CC to indicate payment. Goto your Profile in PayPal and double check your My Settings and My Selling Tools entries - particularly Instant Payment Notifications. I use the gateway PP and my IPN setting is

MYSTOREURL/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal      

Are you using the gateway PayPal or the plugin PP version?

Instant payment notifications
Integrate PayPal payment notifications with my website.

in my setting Instant Payment Notifications says this.....  if I update it it says that it needs a url, right now it says disablied

is it ok to leave .... ???????   

making me crazyyyyyyy 

It may depend on whether you are on the gateway or the plugin version of PP. I don't know if the IPN is the same or needed for the plugin or not.

If you are on the gateway, replace your store url where I have the wording and use that as the url for IPN.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I have never used the plugin version, so I can't help with that. Someone else will be along soon hopefully who has the plugin setup on their store.