paypal and cube cart

woodupic

ok so I installed paypal extension, I push test, seems fine... for 3 days I have called paypal and spoke to someone trying to purchase on my site.... paypal says it seems fine...but, they could really care less cause they are really busy right now I am sure... anyways, not sure what to put in IPN ???? to get a notice of payment??? and she sent me a notice she see's when she goes onto her paypal account it says "

Hi Linda 

I checked paypal and it said " [email protected]PaymentLoading transaction details [email protected]

- negative$18.44

[email protected] hasn't accepted yet. Cancel

anyone know what this means?????????? HELPPPPPPPP PLEASEEEEE

I can't help you much with PayPal, but as far as I know, CubeCart will send to PayPal exactly what it needs to use in order to send to your store an Instant Payment Notification - for each and every order to be paid through PayPal.

For your information, that URL is:
For the PayPal Pro plugin: www.mystore.com/index.php?_g=rm&type=plugins&cmd=call&module=PayPal_Pro
or
For the simpler PayPal gateway: www.mystore.com//index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal

• 2 weeks later...

From the information above, it makes it look like she is attempting to use her Paypal account to pay, but does not have a Paypal. KEEP READING -->  Since you included links in the above referenced "Linda" emails, those links reference Paypal's sandbox, so you have not yet moved it over to production. This is likely the issue.   Switch it over to production.  I recommend you test it with another active Paypal account, or your credit card, after moving it to production.   Add that step to your test plan for future launches.   I always test a live transaction before officially releasing.  Yeah, it costs $0.30 or whatever but it saves a lot of hassle.  You are lucky this lady is patient.

For future reference,  you didn't specify which Paypal extension you are using. There is a Paypal standard, which basically sends your customer to paypal to pay and then sends your customer back to your site to complete the transaction.   Then there is the Pro with Express, that is integrated into your site and your customer doesn't know that you are using Paypal when they are paying (unless they choose to pay with a Paypal account).  I was pretty sure you were using Paypal standard but it is helpful if you give folks complete information so that they can help solve the issue quicker. 

Regarding the IPN, I wouldn't worry about it.  It is mainly used if you want to process refunds through your website rather than through Paypal.  I have my IPN but I still process the refunds through the Paypal website.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 0:22 AM, JackP said:

Regarding the IPN, I wouldn't worry about it.  It is mainly used if you want to process refunds through your website rather than through Paypal.  I have my IPN but I still process the refunds through the Paypal website.

IPN allows the site to know that payment has been received, and can be configured in the store settings to change order status from pending to processing automatically, allowing the admin to know payment is there without logging into paypal to check..