Jump to content

[Resolved] just upgraded to 6.1.1, now cannot connect to admin


mayhem69
 Share

Recommended Posts

In cpanel look in the MySQL database section to see what goes in dbdatabase. I do NOT have a prefix and chances are you don't either. I don't know exactly what a database name with a prefix looks like.

It sure would help if you could find an old backup of global.inc.php as you could get the info from there.

I started to suggest you try setup again, but I didn't have any confidence in my understanding. But if Bsmither says to do it - that may be better than trying to get this includes file fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

In cpanel look in the MySQL database section to see what goes in dbdatabase. I do NOT have a prefix and chances are you don't either. I don't know exactly what a database name with a prefix looks like.

It sure would help if you could find an old backup of global.inc.php as you could get the info from there.

I started to suggest you try setup again, but I didn't have any confidence in my understanding. But if Bsmither says to do it - that may be better than trying to get this includes file fixed.

I cannot find the MySql section.  How do i run setup again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Is the setup folder still in your store directory? If so,

http://www.unionshirtsupply.com/store/setup

 

that worked, i upgraded, but got store already upgraded message.  Still cannot connect to my admin

i give up for tonight, going to bed,will try to fix tomorrow. thx for help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you are ready to work on it again, edit ini.inc.php in the store directory. Change the CC 6.1.1 version somewhere around line 49 to the version you were upgrading from.

/************* CUBECART SPECIFIC SETTINGS *************/
define('CC_VERSION', '6.1.1');     // Version Number

If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to make a backup of your store files and your database.

Then run setup again. Be sure you write down the newly re-named admin folder and admin.php file names (there should be a caution near the end of the install with the new names), BUT DO NOT WRITE THEM INTO ANY COMMENTS YOU MAKE ON THIS FORUM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

When you are ready to work on it again, edit ini.inc.php in the store directory. Change the CC 6.1.1 version somewhere around line 49 to the version you were upgrading from.

/************* CUBECART SPECIFIC SETTINGS *************/
define('CC_VERSION', '6.1.1');     // Version Number

If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to make a backup of your store files and your database.

Then run setup again. Be sure you write down the newly re-named admin folder and admin.php file names (there should be a caution near the end of the install with the new names), BUT DO NOT WRITE THEM INTO ANY COMMENTS YOU MAKE ON THIS FORUM.

ok, i looked at the line you were referring to and see this:

}

/************* CUBECART SPECIFIC SETTINGS *************/
define('CC_VERSION', '5.1.5');    

So i dont know if this is the version i installed or what?  I need someone to go in to my server and fix this for me before

i really screw something up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've figured out part of the problem - there are several installs, one at root, another at store, and another in another directory. You were looking in the wrong place for the re-named admin folder and file, and then you made the edits I had suggested to admin folder/file in the wrong directory.

Also, FYI the apparently working files were installed with Softaculous.

Waiting on @mayhem69 to attempt a login to newly renamed admin to see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

I've figured out part of the problem - there are several installs, one at root, another at store, and another in another directory. You were looking in the wrong place for the re-named admin folder and file, and then you made the edits I had suggested to admin folder/file in the wrong directory.

Also, FYI the apparently working files were installed with Softaculous.

Waiting on @mayhem69 to attempt a login to newly renamed admin to see what happens.

YES and thank you DB!!, i can now login to my admin.  thank you for your help!  Have a great New Year!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...