[Resolved] just upgraded to 6.1.1, now cannot connect to admin

mayhem69

Hi ,  i just did the auto upgrade tab in the admin panel.  After upgrade when i try to reconnect to the admin i get a 404 NOT FOUND error.  

The requested URL /store/admin.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

After searching i discovered this is a problem.  I already named my admin folder and the admin.php file.  Now i cannot find the includes/global

file that is mentioned.  Please help! Im a noob!

The same level of folders that has the re-named admin.php file has a folder named includes. You will find the global.inc.php file there. You have to change the permission to allow you to save edits to this file. Make sure the names in global.inc.php and your folder/file are identical to what you re-named them to. They don't have to be the same - the folder could be ham and the file eggs.php. Then change the permission of the global.inc.php file back to 444.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

The same level of folders that has the re-named admin.php file has a folder named includes. You will find the global.inc.php file there. You have to change the permission to allow you to save edits to this file. Make sure the names in global.inc.php and your folder/file are identical to what you re-named them to. They don't have to be the same - the folder could be ham and the file eggs.php. Then change the permission of the global.inc.php file back to 444.

Ok now your talking a little bit above my level.  I did find the folder and found the global.inc.php file.  I clicked the change permissions, it showed a screen with 6 4 4, i clicked change permissions.  I still cannot edit the file?  What do i do next?  

4 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

I used to use an FTP client that would not save the global.inc.php file when I edited it, no matter what the permission was set to. I had to change the permission from within the cPanel FileManager. Do you have some kind of hosting access to the folders? If so, try it from there.

i am doing this in my cpanel, i have 2 global.inc.php folders , the other one is global.inc.php-dist. Are you stating i edit one of these files?

I opened up the .php-dist, and saw where i think i edit, it states

$glob['adminFolder'] 	= 'admin';		// Change this if you have changed the admin folder name
$glob['adminFile'] 		= 'admin.php';	// Change this if you have changed the admin file name

Having manually renamed the administration folder as admin, and the administration script as admin.php, from whatever they happen to have been named after the upgrade to CC611, you must now use those same names in the file /includes/global.inc.php. (Not the -dist version. CubeCart does not use the -dist version. It is there to assist and inform the human who installs Cubecart.)

So, please actually edit that file. The places where you need to code those new names should be apparent.

21 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Having manually renamed the administration folder as admin, and the administration script as admin.php, from whatever they happen to have been named after the upgrade to CC611, you must now use those same names in the file /includes/global.inc.php. (Not the -dist version. CubeCart does not use the -dist version. It is there to assist and inform the human who installs Cubecart.)

So, please actually edit that file. The places where you need to code those new names should be apparent.

ok , i was trying to edit that file, but cannot succeed.  Why does the size of file say 0 bytes?

Can you access the store front? Is it working properly? If so, what is your url? I looked back through your recent posts and see that at one time you thought you had been hacked and had some kind of problem with mysquili? Were all your issues resolved before trying to upgrade, or were you hoping the upgrade would fix things?

1 minute ago, Dirty Butter said:

So are you trying to edit the global.inc.php file in the /store/ directory? What happens when you try? Do you get any error message?

yes, when i click edit, there is nothing on the page?  I thought you said to change permissions?  I did this to, the numbers were 6 4 4 .  I clicked the change permissions tab, then what?

OK! Now I understand what you meant about there is nothing on the page!!

Take the global.inc.php-dist file and copy it over to global.inc.php. Then replace each line with the appropriate information. Your store is using data from your database, so CC knows where it is - there MUST be a global.inc.php SOMEWHERE that is working. I wish I knew more to help you!!

Whatever you wrote here:

$glob['adminFolder'] 	= 'admin';		// Change this if you have changed the admin folder name
$glob['adminFile'] 		= 'admin.php';	// Change this if you have changed the admin file name

should MATCH the names of the adminFolder and the adminFile in your ffolder/file naming. Then use YOUR name for admin.php to login at

http://www.unionshirtsupply.com/store/YOUR NAME FOR ADMIN.PHP

Be sure the re-named admin.php ends with php.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Whatever you wrote here:

should MATCH the names of the adminFolder and the adminFile in your ffolder/file naming. Then use YOUR name for admin.php to login at

http://www.unionshirtsupply.com/store/YOUR NAME FOR ADMIN.PHP

Be sure the re-named admin.php ends with php.

Ok, i guess i did something wrong, my folder is named my_admin_section, and i named the file my_admin_file.php.  This is what i pasted on those 2 lines.  When i go to the new admin url, states 404 not found error.

This does not work?

http://www.unionshirtsupply.com/store/my_admin_file.php

And you filled in all the lines like dbdatabase??

Do you have any old backup copies of the global.inc.php file from your previous CC version? All would be the same here except the two lines having to do with admin.

All these lines need YOUR info in them:

$glob['dbdatabase'] 	= '';			// Database name e.g. cubecart 
$glob['dbhost'] 		= '';			// Database server hostname e.g. localhost (Can be domain or ip address)
$glob['dbprefix'] 		= '';			// Table prefix e.g. store_1_ (handy for multiple stores in one database)
$glob['dbusername'] 	= '';			// Username that has access to the database
$glob['dbpassword'] 	= '';			// Password for username above.
$glob['installed'] 		= '0';			// Set to 1 if store is installed. Prevents setup redirect.
$glob['cache'] 			= 'file';		// Cache in use can be (apc, file, memcache, memcached, redis, xcache)

It seems to me that, if /includes/global.inc.php exists, but has nothing in it, then the CubeCart upgrade process crashed right when the CubeCart installer wanted to write that data to the file.

So, maybe the solution is to rerun the setup: www.example.com/setup/index.php

49 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

All these lines need YOUR info in them:

$glob['dbdatabase'] 	= '';			// Database name e.g. cubecart 
$glob['dbhost'] 		= '';			// Database server hostname e.g. localhost (Can be domain or ip address)
$glob['dbprefix'] 		= '';			// Table prefix e.g. store_1_ (handy for multiple stores in one database)
$glob['dbusername'] 	= '';			// Username that has access to the database
$glob['dbpassword'] 	= '';			// Password for username above.
$glob['installed'] 		= '0';			// Set to 1 if store is installed. Prevents setup redirect.
$glob['cache'] 			= 'file';		// Cache in use can be (apc, file, memcache, memcached, redis, xcache)

omg, no i did not do this!

ok, i filled in the lines, still 404 error for admin.  I just put Cubecart 1.1 for the database, is this good?

also, what do i put here ---

$glob['dbprefix'] 		= '';			// e.g. store_1_ prefixed on to table names

also i dont have this line in my global.inc.php