Getting "Not mobile friendly" on google, what skin?

mayhem69

The stock foundation Skin that comes with CubeCart is mobile friendly and in theory any skin based on that is as well and there are 25 plus skins available in the marketplace, however, many of these are not supported or maintained  (check when they were last updated and if nothing within one to two months then I would advise to avoid).  Our own Retail Therapy skin (demo on https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk) is fully responsive, comes with a ton of additional features including integration to many plugins (so you don't have to make and then maintain the required skin changes !) and we also have a free skin Configuration plugin which allows you to configure certain aspects again without having to change skin template files

Ian

Best solution is the above.

But, if wanting to stay with Kurouto (as well as any skin originally shipped with CC5), then the "mobile" solution is to also download and install the actual Mobile skin (or any skin strictly designed to be 'mobile'). The Mobile skin download page says it is not compatible with CC6. But I say it is. Be sure test thoroughly.

Once installed, in admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, "Default front-end mobile skin", choose Mobile. Uncheck the "Disable mobile skin" checkbox. Save.

Using a smart phone, visit your site. Explore the pages to make sure all seems good.

Using your desktop, you should now see a link at the bottom that says "Mobile Site". Click this and you should be shown the mobile skin but very wide. Adjust the width of your browser window. Explore the pages to make sure all seems good.

Are there custom skins i can use?  I received a couple negative feedbacks regarding the look of my site.  Now im thinking they may be right!

The main reason i chose the Kurouto skin is because it shows all my products with no text overlaps.  Out of the skins in my admin this is the

only one i can use!  I just am not happy with the look of my site, i think i can get more sales if it was looking better.

The Kurouto config.xml has

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<skin version="3.1">

You already have the Mobile version installed. The link to it is at the bottom of your pages.

Mobile version config.xml is

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<skin version="1.0">

Both your Kurouto skin and the Mobile skin installed in your store at this time have updated versions available, but that likely won't make much cosmetic difference in what you have now.

So, now that we know that you have the Kurouto skin installed, and also the Mobile skin installed, we need to try to figure out why Google seems to think your site is not 'mobile friendly', when the Mobile skin is specifically made for mobile devices.

Wherever it is that you see this advisory, is there also a summary of the test parameters and what is failing?

From what I've seen it appears to be the Wholesale Bulk Pricing and Size/Style Chart pages that are causing the complaint. The other pages I tested behaved as expected.

I tried using the Google Mobility tester on the homepage, but received an error message that robots.txt has it blocked.

Mobile-Friendly Test

Just took a peek at the robots.txt files in the root and in the store directory and there's nothing there that would block.