Basket not working - too many redirects

Big Spender

Hi,

I have an issue with the basket on my website, I generally get the attached message when the basket is loaded for the first time and then if I go back to the previous page and return the basket then shows until I attempt to add further items and the same happens again.

I have read all the threads on here but cannot resolve this with their suggestions, my host can't see any issues on their side which would be causing this.

I am running the latest v5 (5.2.17) - ideally don't want to upgrade to v6.

PHP Version 5.4.45

Website does not use SSL.

SEO friendly URLs are enabled, disabling them makes no difference.Capture.PNG

I have also noticed that if I try to empty the basket or remove products from it they aren't removed until i go off the page.

Any help appreciated.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to upgrade to V6 (have you too many core file changes by any chance?) but that is immaterial to this issue.

This issue is almost always due to confusion between SSL settings within CubeCart and in your hosting environment (usually within your .htaccess file) but without knowing more details of your website it is impossible to say anything more - have you spoken to your hosting company about this ?

Ian

I am using the standard htaccess file as below, if I go back to my host to discuss this in regard to a potential SSL issue what questions should I be asking them? What information would be useful for me to gain to help diagnose this issue?

## File Security
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]
  ######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

You should check your SSL settings within CubeCart and if you don't have an SSL installed, then ensure it is set to NO.  Other than checking that, just simply ask your hosting company to go to your homepage and see the error and ask them what is causing it - they should easily be able to see.  If it was sent the .htaccess  and CubeCart settings conflicting then it could be Apache settings

Ian