Additional Field Similar to Cubecart

traylor23

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I was making an assumption that multiple team names could be input on each of the other Codes lines, but only show if there were more than one team on that particular card. Of course I have no idea how complicated that would make Search!

Since I don't foresee this being a clickable, aggregate linking mechanism, I could just add the 2nd/3rd team to the same field, i.e. Chicago Cubs - Atlanta Braves 

9 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

So it's to be informational, but not searchable??

I would love for it to be both. What I'm saying is that ideally, I'd love for it to also be clickable, where all items for that team would aggregate, but that seems like some extreme coding.

1 hour ago, traylor23 said:

Since I don't foresee this being a clickable, aggregate linking mechanism, I could just add the 2nd/3rd team to the same field, i.e. Chicago Cubs - Atlanta Braves 

Keep in mind that the UPC column can only contain up to a maximum of 20 characters, so the above would be truncated to something like 'Chicago Cubs - Atlan'. You could modify the database column to allow more characters with a corresponding increase in the max limit allowed in the text input field in the HTML.

14 minutes ago, traylor23 said:

I would love for it to be both. What I'm saying is that ideally, I'd love for it to also be clickable, where all items for that team would aggregate, but that seems like some extreme coding.

Making them 'clickable' would be easily accomplished so long as the fields are easily searchable. Click here to see an example - there is a list of brands (manufacturers) each with a clickable logo that brings you to a search results page filtering by that manufacturer.

While I wouldn't say it would be trivial to accomplish for your purposes, it is certainly not out of the question. It sounds like bhsmither might have some code you could use to search the UPC column - if that works, it shouldn't be too hard to either add a second column to the search query or modify it slightly to allow non-exact matches (if you go with using only one increased-length column and the search snippet isn't already set up for that).

Once you get that sorted out, it's simply a matter of displaying a search link for each team in your store skin like in the example site I linked to earlier.

All cool stuff, and I really appreciate the help. Trying to implement Brian's Custom Search edits, but I have run into an annoyance, at least on the admin side of things, that's different since upgrading to v6.1.3.  Basically, any category that I created, and used a custom seo url for, is now showing up in my add a product pages, where you would select a category, differently than they ever have before, making finding the categories difficult.  Well, I was able to track this back to the database and see that all of these new cats were assigned a custom tag of 1, and when I made all of them 0 again, everything was back to normal. Every time I add a new category, I have to go clear this 1 designation for it to look correct and be in the right order.  I have included a couple of pictures to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Does anyone know of a way I can stop the new categories from gaining this 1 designation?  Also, if I forgo using the Custom URL and then update it later, the update causes the 1 to be designated.

Thanks!

diffcatnames.jpg

databasecustom.jpg

It may b too late now to be of any use to you, but I mentioned this thread to Daren of SFWS, and here's his reply concerning his Search plugin:

Utilize the custom search field introduced via the AJAX Search plugin to specify the product codes from the options matrix.
e.g.SFWS1.png

Configure the plugin to only search that field, matching all keywords.
e.g.

SFWS2.png

He suggested another alternative would be to alter the standard search so it looks at the 'product_code' field in the 'CubeCart_option_matrix' table directly.

8 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

It may b too late now to be of any use to you, but I mentioned this thread to Daren of SFWS, and here's his reply concerning his Search plugin:

Utilize the custom search field introduced via the AJAX Search plugin to specify the product codes from the options matrix.
e.g.SFWS1.png

Configure the plugin to only search that field, matching all keywords.
e.g.

SFWS2.png

He suggested another alternative would be to alter the standard search so it looks at the 'product_code' field in the 'CubeCart_option_matrix' table directly.

That mod looks like it would do exactly what I want it to do. I'm still playing with Brian's edits in a cloned store. Not having any trouble, just haven't had time to mess with it. If that doesn't appear to be a solution, this might.  Thanks for sharing!

7 hours ago, bsandall said:

I'm not sure why your category SEO paths are all set to custom=1 (perhaps they are indeed custom paths?), but the naming / display issue for custom paths is a result of this change - I have submitted a fix.

This worked perfectly, by the way. Thanks!