Graphs gone

creters

Not sure what would have caused this, but was floating around the admin area and noticed that under Reporting/Statistics the graphs have mysteriously disappeared from all the associated tabs. The listing still shows below the area where the graph should be, but no graph. For the record, the sales statistics graph is showing in the dashboard.

The charts are powered by code from www.google.com/jsapi. both the Dashboard chart and the Statistics charts. So if one works, the other should as well.

I would then have to look at the possibility that some part of javascript has crashed.

Not sure if one would be related to the other but only "odd" thing that happened between the graphs being available and then disappearing was a little "snafu" in creating a document for the site. I thought I had copied a part of one page to create another and somehow inadvertently copied the "captcha" code in the page as well which appeared outside of the actual editor -- way down on the bottom of the page right before the save button. And after that copy, the save button did not work for that document and had to delete the document itself. It is the only odd thing that had occurred prior to the chart problem, Looking on the bright side of things, even without the chart at least the corresponding list still apears on the given stat page and can go by that info.

Discovered something interesting in regard to the graphs. Not sure if this points to the cause of the problem and/or a resolution: 

Up until a few minutes ago, I go to Statistics, get the "spinner" and then nothing but a blank area where the chart should be. Go to any other tab and wherever there should be a chart, blank as well. However, when I got to "Most Viewed Products" I happened to have a second page listed at the bottom of the area where the chart would normally be. I clicked on that at which point I got the "spinner" and the chart associated with the second page appeared. At that point I could go to any tab and the associated chart was there as well. However, if I move on to another menu item (say Categories for instance) and then return to Statistics, the same problem and solution repeats itself. Also happens if I should log off and then log back on. (blank areas for the charts until a second page is clicked on and brought up).

Weird and curious.......