[Resolved] Issues duplicating store for dev environment

ideoworks

Hi all,

For a family friend, I am taking a look at their store as it is in need of some TLC and major overhaul.

I believe they are on version 4 but it's hard to tell as I can't find any version info anywhere.

I'm having trouble duplicating the store to a different directory.

i.e. the store is on the root, example.com. I want a duplicated install on www.example.com/dev/.

I've backed up the mysql database, gotten a mysql user etc, and made the changes in the globa.inc.php file for the $glob['rootRel'] & $glob['storeURL'] variables.

The site is using an SSL, so before backing up the database, I turned that off and tweaked the config sql backup in notepad++ to change the path of the website (as I can't do this on the live site admin due to it still being a live store).

Unfortuantely, I just can't get it to work.

I get errors like this:

store front:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/functions.inc.php on line 1104

Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 156

Warning: include(language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 156

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'language//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/global/index.inc.php on line 156

Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 45

Warning: require(language//home.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 45

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'language//home.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/USER/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/content/index.inc.php on line 45

admin login

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/USERNAME/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/includes/functions.inc.php on line 1104

Warning: include(/home/USERNAME/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/language//config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 30

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/USERNAME/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/language//config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in //home/USERNAME/public_html/EXAMPLE.co.uk/dev1/admin/includes/header.inc.php on line 30

Essentially, what I want to be able to do is update this dev install to the latest version so that I can export the Customers out of it into a Fresh install of the latest version of CubeCart so that a fresh store can be used with the previous customers still being able to login.

Any help & advice would be much appreciated.

Hi @ideoworks Welcome to the forums.

I can't help with this, as it's way out of my league. But I found these threads on the forum dealing with passwords that may or may not be helpful in your situation.

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/49502-import-customers-data/#comment-207262

https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/50667-resolved-automated-login-cubecart-6/#comment-214591

Most of those error messages are PHP wanting to open a language file, but can't determine what the name of the language to use is.

So, stupid questions time...

Did you also copy over the /language/xx/ folders and their content?

When able to work on the dev store, this may help:
https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/230/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v4-to-v6

I paid a developer to create a test site in a directory on the same domain that has the SSL store. My SSL and all my plugins work correctly on the test site. Maybe it was fiddling with SSL that is causing you issues?????? Again - take anything I comment on this with a grain of salt LOL

If I understand you correctly I find the easiest way to create a duplicate site to run an update on is to use the installer on cPanel usually Installatron. It will allow you to install whatever version the original store is using and then you can copy over the database (and images if you wish). You can then update this to the latest version using the upgrade instuctions https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/230/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v4-to-v6

You can create a backup of the original store using the cPanel backup wizard.

In a CC4 database, I only find one address in the customer table.

This address is suppose to carry over to a CC6 dedicated table for managing multiple addresses.

That one address is flagged for being both the Billing address and primary Delivery address.

When viewing a customer in CC6's admin, the addresses should be listed on the Addresses tab.

You are saying this didn't work as I described it?