Create new email template

Claudia M

Hi,

Is there any way to create a new email template that I can send thru Cubecart when it is created for one individual customer?  Examples:  Send an email to a one customer reminding them to pay, Send an email to one certain customer letting them know a certain item is now available for purchase. It could basically be a blank email (except for the obvious macros) and I can change the content as needed. I also want it to show up in the email log.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

I think there is a plugin for that. I know I've seen a plugin that will splatter links across a myriad of admin pages that will fire up a colorbox where the admin can send an ad hoc email (certain fields are auto-populated).

I don't find it in the Marketplace, but it is out there somewhere.

• 3 years later...

This link doesn't work and i go to their website and can't find a utility to add an email template so can i add an email template in the admin ?
When i go into email templates tab i can create a template so i did that and named it and copied the order confirmation template into it but it won't show up in the email contents list.

https://www.semperfiwebservices.com/email-customer-cc6.html

it comes up with this 

https://www.semperfiwebservices.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

It seems SemperFi is no longer participating in the CubeCart universe.

As coded, CubeCart has no provision to directly create new Email Contents templates. There is a provision to create a new Email Template.

An Email Template can be considered as pre-printed stationary, while the Email Contents are pre-printed Boilerplate paragraphs of various fill in the blanks subject matter.

Plugins can provide their own fill in boilerplate contents and collect the data for those blanks.

I am looking into if the Import function can provide a means of getting incorporated new subject matter content - but there is no way short of code snippets and plugins to find and process the data to fill in the blanks.

I did set it to pending and the does email out.

I have added some code to the Cart: Order Confirmed  template and now it does show the information for the interac transfer on the email to the buyer but this info does not show up in the email that is sent to admin

I added this to the bottom of the Cart: Order Confirmed  but that doesn't work when i add it to the Admin: Order Received template

I figure for the admin email template these GLOBALS (not sure) need to be added but i have no idea how LOL

<p>{if $BANK}</p>

<div class="payment_method"><strong>Pay by e-Payment Bank Transfer - Interac</strong><br />
&nbsp;
<div><strong>{$LANG.gateway.bank_name}:</strong> {$MODULE.bankName}</div>

<div><strong>{$LANG.gateway.bank_account_name}:</strong> {$MODULE.accName}</div>

<div><strong>e-Payment Email Address:</strong> {$MODULE.addressCode}</div>

<div><strong>e-Payment Secret Question ?</strong> {$MODULE.secretCode}</div>

<div><strong>Answer to Secret Question ?</strong> {$MODULE.answerCode}</div>
</div>

<p>{/if}</p>

Edited by windsurfer