[Resolved] Did my upgrade take?

Thought I upgraded to 6.1.3 but now I'm not so sure:

In dashboard - store overview - it says CubeCart version 6.1.2

In maintenance - upgrade - is says I'm using the latest version and 6.1.3 is shown

I've also noticed that I don't have some of the upgrades.

My filemanger is the older version - doesn't have the new add product / images create folder, etc.....

On a positive note, the problem I had in a previous post where I wasn't informed on the dashboard of new version or extensions available has fixed itself.

Also this - on the release notification:

Important Release Notes
From 6.1.2 CubeCart requires ZipArchive which replaces the old PclZip library which hasn't been developed since 2009. Please verify that your PHP configuration has ZipArchive support prior to upgrading. We have attached a PHP script (ziparchive-check.php) which can be used to verify prior to upgrade.

How do you use that ziparchive-check.php?

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

Place the 'ziparchive-check.php' file in CubeCart's main folder (or anywhere, actually, such as your Wordpress main folder), then have the browser ask for it:
www.mystore.com/ziparchive-check.php

It may be the case where your browser is still using the prior version's copy of CubeCart javascript files - having internally cached them. Please force your browser to reload all the page's resources (images, CSS, and javascript files).

My ziparchive is fine.

I forced the upgrade and when that didn't do anything I manually installed 6.1.3 again.  Cleared my history in Firefox several times. Still ...

In dashboard - store overview - it says CubeCart version 6.1.2

In maintenance - upgrade - is says I'm using the latest version and 6.1.3 is shown

I've also noticed that I don't have some of the upgrades.

My filemanger is the older version - doesn't have the new add product / images create folder, etc.....

I tried in IE and got the same thing

Also when I clear the browsers cache I get the red bar "you're running 6.1.2 but 6.1.3 is available.  I click upgrade now and it takes me to maintenance where is says I am up to date.

I would ask that you be aware about something: there is the CubeCart codebase (the stated version can be found in the file ini.inc.php), and the CubeCart database configuration (the schema - the last version can be found in the database table CubeCart_history).

Both statements can lie as there is no actual comparison check to make sure the entirety of the codebase is, in fact, the version stated, and there is no actual comparison check to make sure the entirety of the database conforms to any specific schema.

These are the only two places CubeCart has available to know what version it is running (code and database).

CubeCart is clear when it is referring to the codebase, and when it is referring to the database schema.

The above does not dismiss the weirdness you are observing with respect to one page saying one thing and another page saying something different.

It will be looked into.

According to a bug report by Havenswift-Hosting, the upgrade created a new admin folder.

Please view the contents of your site and determine if there are more than one of the administrative folder.

Next, look at the contents of /includes/global.inc.php for the value of $glob['adminFolder']. The value here and the name of the most recent administrative folder installed must match.

I reinstalled 6.1.3 and both the dashboard and maintenance are showing 6.1.3 now.  I do have 2 admin folders checking in control panel.  One just admin the other with my new admin prefix.

the first 2 lines of the includes/globals.inc.php:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_xxxxxx';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_xxxxxx - different than above';

When I click on add product / images I still get the old screen - none of the options in the 6.1.3 upgrade to create a folder, etc.  Am I missing something?

The ['adminFile'] should have a value with a .php suffix.

Then, how I read your message is that there is an administrative folder named /admin/, another administrative folder named /admin_aaaaaa/, and that ['adminFolder'] has a value "admin_zzzzzz".

For the ['adminFile'] value, does that filename exist?

Does the file admin.php also exist?

Folder: public_html/admin

Folders within public_html/admin:  skins, sources

Files within public_html/admin:  .htaccess, index.php

Folder: public_html/admin_SRxxxx

Folders within public_html/admin_SRxxxx:  skins, sources, styles

Files within public_html/admin_SRxxxx:  .htaccess, index.php

public_html/includes/global.inc.php (last modified Yesterday)

<?php

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_Pcxxx.php';

$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_SRxxxx';

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'xxx';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'xxx';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'xxx';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['cache'] = 'file';

?>

There are four other public_html/includes/global.inc.php files in Control Panel too but they have numbers at the end of the file.

public_html/includes/global.inc.php-2017010792612.php (dated yesterday has the adminFile and adminFolder from upgrading to 6.1.1 (or the upgrade that first used this) Last modified 11-20-16

All have 0444 for permissions

URL when I log in to admin:

https://www.claudiasbargains.com/admin_Pcxxx.php?

Yes there is a public_html/admin.php (modified today  permissions 0644)

There is also a public_html/admin_Pcxxx.php  (modified 11-1-16  permissions 0755)

Of course you know the xxx are just blocking the actual

Thanks Rosemary, but I don't really understand any of this!  Why can't upgrading just be simple!!!!  I have a file called admin.php.  Then I have a file named admin_PCxxxx.php.  The Pcxxxx is what my admn login is. What would renaming it to admin_SRxxx.php do?  Do I delete the admin.php file?

Can I jump in on this. I recently upgraded to 6.1.3 and my site seems to be operating ok but I have come across these two admin folders.

One is simply called 'admin' which appears to be the most current from the dates and the other called 'admin_GOxxxx' the contents of which are older.

My global.inc.php contains the following:

$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin_iHxxxx.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_GOxxxx';

The admin_iHxxxx.php forms part of the URL I use to access the Admin Control Panel.

I have tried to follow the thread on this post but became confused. Do I need to make any changes?

Thanks in anticipation.

I tried a CC upgrade on our test site just to see what would happen, and it made a huge mess of renamed and left alone admin file/folder.

After comparing with file difference software, I was convinced that only the naming was different, not the contents. So I deleted the admin/folder that CC had just created and went back to using my own renamed admin.php file and admin folder.

You do NOT have to keep the security naming format of admin_XXXX, if you want something else. Just be 100% sure that global.inc.php information matches your naming.

Many thanks for getting back to me.

If I understand you correctly the change I need to make is that as 'admin' appears to be the most current folder make $glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';  Instead of $glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin_GOxxxx';

Am I correct.

Thanks once again.

Don't use just admin. That was the whole point of making this change in naming system. With every CC install of every possible version using the same way to get into the backend - it was giving hackers an easier time. This is a security based change.

You could name the folder peppermint and the file wintergreen.php if you wanted to - names are entirely up to you - it just has to exactly MATCH what you have as the names in global.inc.php!