Can someone Test

Shari Marie

I listed a digital file for one cent.  I need for someone to test it out.  I can get as far as the actual payment but it wont let me buy my own product.

It actually is a freebie but it didn't complete the order since it was free I am assuming. For now I just want to check the path for the instant download.

If I can get that working, I will figure out that freebie thing later.  If this works, maybe I will just have to have a PENNY PAGE  LOL 

http://sharimariecreations.com/free-designs.html

Thanks!

When I "purchased" when I had it set for free, I got an email with the link from but the link did not work. It said Following Errors were detected "Product is missing or deleted"      It doesn't sound like the problem was with the 0.00 price.   BUT when I was creating the path for the download,    I would get a red error message.  I finally got it right because it said Successfully blah blah.......   SO it has to have the correct path right?  What else could be wrong do you think.  I am really liking the Cube Cart but this set up has been a bear.

When you first sold that product, did you then (perhaps) make another product just like it, then delete the first instance of that product?

If so, then the product ID number (used internally by CubeCart and not visible to the customer) is not the same as the product that was sold.

CubeCart associates what was sold to a product_id value, and if that product_id is no longer in the database, that would be the error you would get.

I am not sure of much hahaha I may have taken an _underscore out thinking it might cause the glitch.  I think since my site is so new, only a few products in until I get this going...I may just delete the products....start fresh with post products.  Then we will know for sure.  I cant thank you enough...you are amazing with this stuff. You must really enjoy it.  Im on "hold" with the Live Chat,  I am going to run it by them as well.

OK this may be nothing,  but you got me thinking about possible conflicts.   I had a previous site for the past 8 years (until I lost it ugggh)  It had an instant download script. If files from that original script are still in my public html folders....could that possibly be the issue?   I am scared to delete anything....im still on hold for Host Gator....any minute now..im down to 6 mins  LOL

Tech support was no help  (out of the realm of there expertise.....they are server techs...not web development)  I heard that before..haha it all depends on who you get. They told me that last night with the 404 issue..today someone fixed it in less than 10 mins with comments you gave me.  anyway....I think since my site is still in the baby stage with only 3 products....I will dump the three....move the folder down to the public level even rename the files   and then try again.  Unless you have other ideas. 

The way you are doing it now, I see no real problems.

I would really like to suss out why the links to the download products aren't working. (That is, to verify if my theory about the product_id changing is valid.)

But that wouldn't actually get you to learn anything about how to "generally" operate CubeCart as a store owner.

Your first priority is to get the store up and running, so if that means to nuke, pave, and rebuild your site from the start, then I understand.

I wish this could be resolved soon. I need to get my products back online but until this is is fixed I am reluctant to keep adding products with no download capabilities. I don't know what to do right now. I guess I can try moving the download folder and change the path setting. What do you think?

8 hours ago, bsmither said:

Is it true that, as of now, there have been no emails sent out from your store? In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, has any information been entered as to what email method and details to use? If so, what does the test button report?

Great News,  This afternoon, I relocated the download folder to the /public html andf changed the path accordingly.  I was able to get a download email and downloaded the free Rubber Ducky file successfully. 

YAY!  BUT  I thought there was supposed to be a redirect to a page with the download link immediately after purchase?  Do I have that wrong?  If not, I need to some how be abel to edit that order complete page to assure the customer the will receive an email....telling  them their order is complete and they walk away with nothing is not going to cut it. They may not know they have an email coming.  I need to edit a few other things as well like the phone number and address are not necessary during registration for digital downloads. I'd like to take that out. Would I edit the php ?

I'm so afraid of touching anything as fear I will mess it up after the week I've had.  :)  I cant tell you and DB how much I appreciate your help. I would be sunk without the two of you. So THANK YOU!

Regarding email,  I did did not receive an email notifying me of the order. I probably have a setting wrong. What should that admin email setting be?    Processing/ pending /complete???? Since I only sell digital files I am not sure where that setting should be set at.

I cant tell you how relieved I am to be live and functioning.  I just need to tweak those things I mentioned above but I am going to wait for confirmation from you two. haha