[Resolved] Add Digital Download Link to Customer Thank You Page

Shari Marie

I sell instant downloads only. I expected that the customer would be directed to an instant dowload link page (perhaps with a thank you message )AND receive an email. Currently only the email is being sent with the DL link.

1.  Can the "Thank you" message to the customer be edited to inform them they have been sent the DL link to their email?

2. Where would I find the file and what is called?

3. Why isn't the customer directed to  an instant download page with the DL link automatically after the order is complete? is there a setting I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You will find all the emails in FileManager>Email Templates>click on your flag on the one you want edit>Make changes to HTML AND Plain Text. Do your HTML edits from the SOURCE code - be careful not to edit the template slugs, such as {$download.name}.

As for the flow for digital sales - I can't help.

Thank you,  I found it with your help. I changed the second sentence only to read " Your design files will be sent to your email."  I changed it in both the html and Plain text tabs.  I was sure not to disturb anything else.  With that said, I am not seeing the edit change.    When you say SOURCE code, what exactly does that mean? I made the changes in CC's Control panel. Was that what you meant by SOURCE code?  I'm sorry for all the nube questions. I am learning so much.

OK, then I should be good. So using the source code simply makes is safer to edit. I get it.  Well, I only changed the wording of the text...and did not edit any command parts so it should be working but I am still seeing the old text when I complete the transaction.  I checked, everthing. looks fine. Any thoughts? Maybe you could buy my free DUCK TODAY.  I took the penny price off because being 0.00 was not the reason it originally didn't work. It was that the download file had to be under the public html and I had it above it. I would appreciate it.  Thank you

Keep in mind that what you were editing is content that will be sent by email to the customer. So, when editing email content, saying "Your design files will be sent to your email," that message will be in the email.

I believe you are wanting to change the wording of a skin template, specifically what the customer is shown in their browser after a successful transaction.

Do you know what that skin is called?    I am still a bit confused. The text I was editing was exactly as  what I saw on the " order complete"  page that says "Many thanks for your order. Payment has been received and your order is complete."  Are you saying that they are the same? If so. I do need to edit whatever the file is that controls that Thank you page, and not the Email that you speak of.  I have looked for it  and cant find it.

Yes, BSmithers, exactly.  No worries DB, I still learned something that I didn't even know about. LOL  I have already edited it back to its original state. No harm done.

If you could direct me to where that can be found for the skin template...I would really like to change that wording. My poor customers may not all think to check their emails for their downloads. My old site took them straight to their download directly after purchase was complete. I don't want to confuse their silly little heads :P

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language your store uses. On the page shown, click the Confirm option from the drop-down selector.

In a few seconds a list will appear. For the row that has the 'order_complete' key, edit the phrase to what you want to say.

I do not recall if CC613 has fixed a bug where putting in line breaks will get stripped out. So, try it and if it shows messed up, we can try a different way of adding line breaks.

When an order goes to complete (as when an order is digital only and the transaction is successful), the customer is shown the Receipt page. It is here that the 'order_complete' phrase is shown in a greenish notification box.

What can try to do is to add some code to the Receipt page that, if the customer is signed in (as opposed to a ghost customer), we can add a link to go to their Account Downloads page. That is where the customer can download their product.

This is not "instantaneous", but close enough.

36 minutes ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language your store uses. On the page shown, click the Confirm option from the drop-down selector.

In a few seconds a list will appear. For the row that has the 'order_complete' key, edit the phrase to what you want to say.

I do not recall if CC613 has fixed a bug where putting in line breaks will get stripped out. So, try it and if it shows messed up, we can try a different way of adding line breaks.

When an order goes to complete (as when an order is digital only and the transaction is successful), the customer is shown the Receipt page. It is here that the 'order_complete' phrase is shown in a greenish notification box.

What can try to do is to add some code to the Receipt page that, if the customer is signed in (as opposed to a ghost customer), we can add a link to go to their Account Downloads page. That is where the customer can download their product.

This is not "instantaneous", but close enough.

WOW BSmittles I would have NEVER found that on my own. Language I though had to do with the different language option. I would have never in a million years looked in there. Thank you SO much.  Again, I should say. I am going to have to put the two of you on retainer LOL

DB No worries, I still learned something by that little exercise, all is well.  I appreciate both of your assistance.

OHHH BSmittles.  about the link taking them back to their Account Downloads page,  how hard is that to figure out? I think that would be fantabulous!!

If you can tell me something else,  I added a photo to my sub category DESIGN COLLECTIONS but I don't like the size of the photo so I want to remove and replace them with smaller thumbnails. When I go to the sub category, there are no image files selected therefore I cant figure out how to get them off. They are too large, not what I had envisioned.  What am I doing wrong?

We appreciate your enthusiasm. And we will help to the utmost of our ability.

We ask one favor -- you create a new conversation for each unique situation for which you want help.

So, I will have some guidance on what to do about adding a link on the Thank You page (having the receipt) that points to the Accounts Download page.

We will have suggestions about the images on a new conversation.

So... we need to ask, how well-versed are you at accessing files on your site, getting them opened in a programmer's text editor, finding and making changes, then getting the edited file back to your site?

If you have this skill, then open /classes/cubecart.class.php for editing, and:

Near line 1252 (for CC613 version), find:

foreach ($items as $item) {

Change to:

foreach ($items as $item) { if ($item['digital']) $order_has_digital = true;

Near line 1331 find:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_processing']);

Change to:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_processing']); if ( $order_has_digital ) { if ($GLOBALS['user']->is()) {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Visit your Account Downloads page to retrieve your digital items.");} else {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Links to retrieve your digital items will be emailed to you.");} }

Near line 1333, find:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_complete']);

Change to:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_complete']); if ( $order_has_digital ) { if ($GLOBALS['user']->is()) {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Visit your Account Downloads page to retrieve your digital items.");} else {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Links to retrieve your digital items will be emailed to you.");} }

This new code tests for the presence of digital items in the order. If one is found, then the next test determines if the customer is logged in (as opposed to being a ghost customer). If so, a message will be displayed advising the customer to go to Accounts Download. If not (ghost), the message says links will be emailed.

Let's see how that works for you.

Well here is what I THINK I know. You can tell me if I am ready for this  haha  Ok,  I use my FTP file transfer program and retrieve the Cubecart/class.php file and open it up in my notepad++. I am pretty sure I found the right code (I copy and pasted what I did, above and below so you were sure I had it correct.   Now, I THINK I just transfer it back. I am assuming since the file name does not change, it will replace the one that is in there.  Right?  I am going to wait for confirmation before I actually attempt this.   (I don't know how you pasted that long line.  My kinda made paragraphs when I copied and pasted ) I think you got the idea though. I copied a bit ahead and below the edits I did just so you can confirm I'm in the right place.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_pending']);

break;

case self::ORDER_PROCESS:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_processing']); if ( $order_has_digital ) { if ($GLOBALS['user']->is()) {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Visit your Account Downloads page to retrieve your digital items.");} else {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Links to retrieve your digital items will be emailed to you.");} }

break;

case self::ORDER_COMPLETE:

$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_complete']); if ( $order_has_digital ) { if ($GLOBALS['user']->is()) {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Visit your Account Downloads page to retrieve your digital items.");} else {$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify("Links to retrieve your digital items will be emailed to you.");} }

break;

case self::ORDER_DECLINED:

case self::ORDER_FAILED:

$empty_basket = false;

$GLOBALS['gui']->setError($GLOBALS['language']->confirm['order_failed']);

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('CTRL_PAYMENT', true);

break;