Print Order Form

jka

I did some search in the forum and couldnt find what I was looking for. Here in the USA we use ABA code for banks followed by Account Number. The ABA number is usually like  012 345 678. 

The Print order form does not have this field and alternately, we can use the Sort Code field. We dont use Sort Code here. However I cant find how to change the final print order form which the customer prints out. This final print out still says Sort Code. 

Any ideas on how to get this one added or fixed?

Thanks.

In admin, Languages, click the Edit icon of the language your store is using.

On the next page, choose from the drop-down selector: Modules - Gateway - Print_Order_form

In a few seconds, a list will appear. Find the row with key 'bank_sort'. Change the phrase to ABA Code.

This new phrase is databased, will survive upgrades, and will take effect everywhere.

The POF module has it's own language file. Even with that, when CubeCart loads that language file (using the Language functions), the database is consulted for any overriding phrases. (The Language functions is what allows us to use the admin Languages phrase editor for the "Modules - Gateway - Print_Order_form" phrases.)

You can do that. Use a programmer's text editor, load the file, change the phrase, and save.

However, after an upgrade, those changes will be lost. Which is why we recommend making the changes using the admin Language Editor. Phrases that differ from that found in the xml file are saved to the database. (The cache file that holds the entire language currently in use is deleted.)

Except when in the cache, every time CubeCart starts, the definitions.xml file is read in, followed by any language specific xml file (en-US.xml, for example) where the same keys overwrite those already loaded, then rows from the language database table are read in (customizations) where the same keys overwrite those already loaded.

I'm surprised the POF customer-facing skin template uses phrases from the langiage packs as opposed to the language file in the POF module. But it does.

So, back to the language editor, from the drop-down selector, choose "Gateway", then scroll to 'bank_sort_code'. Enter a new phrase and Save.

The admin-facing POF settings control panel uses the module's language file, so having made that change described above will have databased whatever you want to be showing to the admin.

• 8 months later...

Hi there,

new to CC, installed V6.1.12

I installed POF and have the following questions after I test ordered a product.

When an order is placed, the customer gets the notification (great)
- The order status shows cancelled in the admin section (why?) How can I set it up so when an order is placed it shows "processing..."
- I am missing the notification to the admin, so that the admin of the store gets a notification.
If it is there, I can not find it.

Welcome Hollister! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I will test this with CC6112.

The order should be at Pending. That is, the order has been placed but not yet paid for. Once paid, then the admin will manually set the order to Processing. Once the product has been given to the shipping company, the admin manually sets the order to Completed.

Sometimes the customer can cancel an order, and the admin can manually set the order to Cancelled, but the payment gateway does not (I do not know if maybe one of the PayPal modules can do this).

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, there is "Order status for admin email notifications". Actually, you only have a choice of Pending or Processing even though all order statuses are listed. So, when CubeCart sends the order to the POF, and if that choice is Pending, the email address used as the store's general email address and any email address for admins who have checked the related box in their profile will get the email advising of a new order.

The POF, if set to send the email, will send the email the customer would get when the order goes to processing. Please check this setting in the POF configuration screen.

However, if the order somehow went straight to Cancelled, the customer should have received the specific cancellation email, but the admin would not be notified of that action.

12 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Sometimes the customer can cancel an order, and the admin can manually set the order to Cancelled, but the payment gateway does not (I do not know if maybe one of the PayPal modules can do this).

I use the Standard PP, and if I refund the full payment via PP - CC does automatically receive the PP cancellation and change it to Cancelled in Orders and send the customer email (as far as I know). I'm not positive about the email, because I always explain the reason for cancellation within the PP site and I know they get THAT email.

Edited by Dirty Butter

On 10/17/2017 at 5:59 PM, bsmither said:

Welcome Hollister! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I will test this with CC6112.

The order should be at Pending. That is, the order has been placed but not yet paid for. Once paid, then the admin will manually set the order to Processing. Once the product has been given to the shipping company, the admin manually sets the order to Completed.

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, there is "Order status for admin email notifications". Actually, you only have a choice of Pending or Processing even though all order statuses are listed. So, when CubeCart sends the order to the POF, and if that choice is Pending, the email address used as the store's general email address and any email address for admins who have checked the related box in their profile will get the email advising of a new order.

The POF, if set to send the email, will send the email the customer would get when the order goes to processing. Please check this setting in the POF configuration screen.

However, if the order somehow went straight to Cancelled, the customer should have received the specific cancellation email, but the admin would not be notified of that action.

In POF V1.0.1 the setting 'Send order confirmation email?' is set

Today I test ordered again and the order showed pending. A little while later, the order showed again 'canceled'. I did not process it.

Maybe some events are not working??

I will test order again and describe (no orders in store, no customers) Language set to german
- POF has been generated
- Order status in admin is now pending
- email confirmation to customer received
- email notification for admin is NOT coming through
- I placed a 2nd order under the same account and now the first order is in status 'canceled' --> very strange

In admin, Orders, view the order that went to Cancelled. The Order History tab should show when the order moved through the various statuses. The Transaction Logs tab will show what the payment gateway did.

Edited by bsmither

What is shown on the History tab?

If the History tab does not show when it was cancelled, I would want to look into the actual database record to verify - working on the premise that the order_status code (an integer) is somehow being misrepresented (integer index to language phrases).

But you say that the Orders page did show the order was at Pending at one time?

Dirty Butter said this:

"There is a place in Store Settings where you can set the time frame for automatically changing a Pending order to Cancelled. That might explain your change to cancelled."

In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, "Time (in seconds) before expiring pending orders". By "expire", this is accomplished in a routine that is called frequently: Order->tidyOrders(), which resets the inventory stock levels affected by automatically cancelled orders, and sends a database query that directly sets the status of these orders to Cancelled. This function does not go through the typically used function Order_>status() -- which would send an email to the customer -- but modifies the database record directly and does not log any event of this action anywhere. (I will submit a feature request in the Github to have it do so.)

Super, that explains part one. It was set to 600. so 10min I assume.

The customer did receive the confirmation email.  So why would the admin not get the email within those 10 minutes? I will place another test order. Still no admin notification of the order.

Edited by Hollister
addition

Please let us know the setting of Store Settings, Features tab, "Order status for admin email notifications". CubeCart should send an email to the store's general email address (Store Settings, Advanced tab, Sender's Email Address -- aka, Store's General Email), as well as any Admin's enabled email address if different than the Store's General Email, but only according to this setting.

Then, also check if your Administrator Profile has "Receive order notifications?" enabled.

Edited by bsmither

Settings - Administrator, setting 'Receive order notifications?' is set.
Settings - Store Settings - Features, 'Order status for admin email notifications' was set to 'Processing' changing to Pending and retesting

and wouldn't you know it. Email arrived, both for the customer and the admin notification. Very good catch.