Do instant download product files need to all be in one folder?

Shari Marie

I would like to organize my instant download files in separate folders on the public html path. Right now I have one for my free products and another for paid products. I am able to get the free products to download successfully but I have customers of paid products reporting that they are not able to get the download , instead are getting the  the following error

"It has not been possible to locate the download file"     They get thru the payment process fine, completing the order but can not get the download. Therefore my question, do all of the product downloads need to be uploaded To a single folder? Can sub folders be used?    My current set up appears not to be working if I move the files to where I currently have the freebies, will that resolve the download issue? Would I need to delete those files and RE upload them to the new location or simply move/relocate them to where the Duck file is known to be working?  I know that was a blast of questions,  I just want to do this as  efficiently as possible and not create more problems. I've gotta get this fixed, the emails from customers are bogging me down.

First, this is all suppose to work without problems. That is to say, I have not heard of any particular issues with this.

I will have to conclude that an investigation be made as to where CubeCart thinks the file is at, versus where it actually is.

I will be happy to help.

If you wish, send me a PM with your email address.