Buy Now streamlined single item checkout - BuyNow

CubCartUser

I have one product to sell, and it's only available to buy in quantity of 1.  My product is something like a custom greeting card.  User goes to my site, and clicks BUY NOW.  That's where I'd like to link to CubeCart.  

Here's the mod I'm looking to implement:   Upon clicking BUY NOW (replacing ADD TO BASKET), cube cart would immediately place user in CHECKOUT page with just that 1 item in cart.  The Quantity column would be masked, and if there were any in the 'shopping cart' cache before, it would be automatically cleared and reset to 1.  Only 1 item per purchase is possible.

Perhaps there is an existing solution or extension?

Welcome CubCartUser! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

In CubeCart 6, admin, Store Settings, Layout tab, there is "Jump to basket on add". Setting this to Yes will have the customer be taken to the start of the checkout procedure.

Unfortunately, the stock behavour allows for a minimum quantity purchase, and a maximum based strictly on how many items are in stock (that is, set the stock level to one).

There may be a third-party plugin that can limit the quantity on a per-purchase basis. (I once made a plugin that restricted an item to one per customer for all time. Maybe that is not what you want.)

Edits to the skin templates will be necessary. We can cover that later. (Maybe the plugin has instruction on how to do that.)

CubeCart considers the same base product having differing options (the customization) as different products. So, let us know if it is the base product to be limited to one, or each unique customized product be limited to one.

Two simple edits, add a column to a database table, and it's good to go.

However, we need clarification on something. You said, "That's where I'd like to link to CubeCart."

If we are to infer that you want a simple URL to have a querystring that will load that product into a shopping basket, then we will need to make a few more edits.