Upgrade process stuck

Vertigo

Sorry you're having issues - I don't know what the cause could be, but there are some things you can try:

- If you have a backup of your database data, I would try a fresh install.

- If you don't have a backup of your data but can make one (e.g. via cPanel), do so and then do a clean install

After importing your data, you may need to run the .sql upgrade scripts from 6.1.2+ manually, either from PhpMyAdmin or via CubeCart's admin panel.

HI there. Thanks for your reply. Fortunately I had a full backup of the shop so I could do a rollback. Now it is v6.1.1 again and working. I know that it is recommended to update, but at the moment we need the shop so it's no time to try... I will test your suggestions asap.

Cheers, Vert

• 5 weeks later...

I think carrying over only products and the customers is a bad idea.

I do not know specifically why CC615 thinks you are at CC3, unless there are some "markers" giving a false impression: no CubeCart_history table, a missing Version statement in ini.inc.php, maybe something else.

In my latest attempt to upgrade, the step by step progress didn't happen. I had to click on the Continue button for each intermediary step.

Ok, I will try this out.

But why don't have a fresh start? In my shop there is an huge error report with a lot of issues which came from doing some workarounds and patchworking to get the shop back online... Another idea may be do a fresh start from the scratch, manually add all actual items and let every customer reregister...?