PHP Warning: Invalid argument??

meritmart

PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/########/public_html/admin_#######/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 228

HI again guys, I'm on the verge of quitting this host because all I seem to get are errors - can anyone shed any light as to what this error message means.   Basically, whenever I go to create an order manually and submit it or change it's status I get a blank screen.   The same happened when I created a newsletter and went to send a test to myself, I wiped the newsletter and started again with more success the second time but I seem to be going round in circles and I can't help but think it's the crappy host I'm using.

Thanks

Marko

I was running 6.1.1 but forced an upgrade to current which seemed to work OK but I'm getting all manner of other PHP warnings now too:

[25-Jan-2017 19:25:43 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  `product_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_inventory' table! in /home/######/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 888

[25-Jan-2017 19:25:43 Europe/London] PHP Notice:  `admin_id` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_permissions' table! in /home/######/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 888

[25-Jan-2017 19:25:43 UTC] PHP Notice:  `enabled` is not allowed as a key in 'CubeCart_code_snippet' table! in /home/#####/public_html/classes/db/database.class.php on line 888

I wasn't getting all of those before the upgrade, but was having the issue with adding orders manually, hence the reason I considered upgrading the best option !!

Those notices are logged when CubeCart cannot communicate with the database. A connection is very likely being setup, and getting data pulled out of the database happens on a regular basis (otherwise, CubeCart wouldn't work at all).

But at some point, the ability to get info out of the database is being thwarted.

This is sometimes the case when the database server says an account is making too much use of the database and will deny any more connections for a second or two.

If you use an external utility, you will probably find that these tables exist and that the columns mentioned in those tables also exist. So, it's not an issue with CubeCart having mucked up the database or using the wrong column names.

I didn't think cubecart would be at fault, I've used it in the past flawlessly, and having had a previous hosting account which was slow I decided to move to another host.   Unfortunately, this second one is probably worse than the first in the sense I think my account is so heavily restricted or the server is over-subscribed it's precisely what you say, the dbase can't be accessed due to others on the same sql server giving it a hammering.   I think a move to a decent host is on the cards, and hopefully I'll see a better outcome :)

Thanks

Marko

Their support is hopeless, I've already tried numerous times to get answers to questions that they haven't a clue on, I mean I'm not entirely proficient in all things to do with errors or web servers, but I have a limited grasp, but they just seem plain clueless - I've already began moving hosts to a reputable one so here's hoping the site is back up and running without all the nonsense I've encountered so far lol, thanks for the replies :)

Marko