[Resolved] Specific Tax

Kalarah

Is there anyway to have tax applied ONLY to the state your business is located in?

Since I am in Texas, I will only require customers who live in Texas to pay state tax, so those outside the state wont have to pay tax. Unless there is a way to set tax to the state a customer orders from.

In admin, Taxes, Tax Details tab, make a GST tax detail, if not already in the list. You can have a display name whatever you want, such as "Tax".

Save.

Then, on the Tax Rules tab, add a tax rule that has GST as the detail, Country is US, State is Texas, and make the rest of the settings.

Save.

In admin, Store Settings, you can specify if CubeCart should tax on the Billing address or the Delivery address.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:18 PM, bsmither said:

No (not yet, anyway).

The BoE page (http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqpurch.htm), Items 5 and 7 suggests you collect all taxes applicable to the district you are doing business in regardless of the California delivery address. (If you have a different understanding from a tax attorney or CPA, follow that.)

Wouldn't that be nice. I've been collecting tax for twenty years, and with the four or five CPAs I have used, they have all had me file based on destination. Most accounting programs beyond entry level are set up to handle this.