Noodlemans Extensions.

jka

We use the UPS Contract, Calculate UPS Shipping Charges based on multiple packages, Link products to specific shipping charges etc. Everything works perfectly.

2017-01-31 14:41:50 UPS 3 Day Select RDP UNK US 06804 AU 06804 x x  IN 111210 The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

I noticed in the logs that the default "Shippers Zipcode" is used for the Customer Zipcode, if the customer does not enter one. See example above Any chance we can fix it in the cubecart code or should I contact Noodleman. 

Morning JKA,

It's possible what you've described is actually intentional. If a customer has not yet registered or supplied a delivery address CubeCart by default will use your store address as the address to send to the shipping modules to gather the quotes. This is why after a customer supplies their address the shipping charges may vary.

If this is for a registered customer or a customer who has provided an address then it may be a glitch in the modules. are you using the most recently available versions?

(Excuse the long, messy list... this is going to get fixed with a site redesign)
https://www.noodleman.co.uk/downloads.html

I would probably need to recreate your example on a test store and confirm the behaviour, so it might be best to open a support ticket with all the details at https://www.noodleman.co.uk/support

Hello Noodleman,

I think its a combination of both. (CC design and your modules). So, your "Link Products to Specific Shipping Charges" gives the ability to Calculate Shipping on the View Cart Page. This is awesome. It gives a customer to get shipping rates without having to register etc. (Our UPS shipping rates goes in the $100's of dollars for some items to different parts of the world). 

So, the customer (not registered) enters the Country and State from drop-down while not necessarily entering the Zipcode. Its during this time, the extension or code automatically absorbs the default zip code from CC. 

The easy fix is to set this default zip code to "". Currently it pulls up the Store's Zipcode. 

Make sense? 

As a test, enable the background shipping modules which your hooking into, then visit the checkout page. You will notice it's pulling in the same values from that module. It's not the linking module that's forcing that behaviour, it's the standard CubeCart behaviour.

or... I misunderstood somerthing as it's been a realllllly long day :)

I think you are right. I need to see how to fix this issue if the customer enters a different country or state. See my log above. It uses an American zip code for a country = AU which is Australia.  Once a different country or state is selected, the default needs to get overridden. This is not happening if the zip code is blank but the country is different. Definitely Cubecart behavior.