Logo image won't show in Emails

zaromnia

Hi, so I've edited my email templates to show a logo. When I do this in editing, the image shows, but when the email is received, no image shows, just a placeholder. All permissions on the image and folders are set to 755. Any thoughts on why this could still be happening?

1.jpg

2.jpg

The logo almost certainly has a relative path and so will show while you are logged into the store but when it is trying to be shown in an email external to your server, the url is not complete and so makes no sense.  Check the source of the template and enter an absolute url with either http:// or https:// (depending on whether you have an SSL ?) and the full path to where the image is located

Ian

Please be aware that CubeCart's email templates are in two parts: the superstructure and the main content. The superstructure already has a place for the logo.

In admin, Email Templates, Email Templates tab, click the Edit icon of the Default Emails template.

On the Edit Template page, view the HTML Content tab. There you will see a broken image. That's because the image source is determined by CubeCart and is populated as a Smarty variable.

CubeCart will use the image assigned in Store Settings, Logos tab. Upload an appropriately sized image, even if it is the same image as your store logo (but I suggest one sized 550px wide) and assign it to Email Templates.

Thanks, but I think the problem is greater than that. For some reason I can't access my any images from outside, though the site itsself works fine. What I mean is if I go to the site www.zaromnia.co.za, it works fine but if I try to access any of the images in any of the folders including the public_html root directly, I receive an error: 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /images/logos/zaromnianew114h.png on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I queried this with my hosting provider and received this response leaving me completely stumped:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, that is correct, your script might block some folder to open.

On a server level we can see that the server it is definitely phrasing images and is working as per:
http://www.zaromnia.co.za/images/logos/zaromnianew114h.png

Please do let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

------------

Any idea what script this might be? Any assistance, even pointing me in the right direction, immensely appreciated.

Your host, or the .htaccess file in CubeCart's main folder, or the .htaccess file in /images/ or /images/logos/ (if there is one) may have a directive intended to thwart "hot-linking", or fetching images outside the scope of the web page.

The technique to do this is for the web browser to examine every request and if there is no 'referer' value in the Request Headers that matches your domain, then forbid the request.

(Can't get my Firefox to make an experiment.) So, please examine any .htaccess files as mentioned above, and look for any configuration settings in your hosting control panel that may mention "image theft protection".