Remove secure checkout option

G Dubyah

PayPal is an Alternate Checkout which is a second option to native checkout. You'd need to customise the code to do this but beware that the "Secure Checkout" button text changes to "Make Payment" later so you can't just remove it. 

You could use JS to hide it if the text doesn't match "Make Payment" but it's a bit of a fudgy solution. 

I assume that you're using PayPal Express Checkout, and this is the reason you want to remove the Secure Checkout button. ?

We had a situation where a customer ordered something for work, and used his work address as his delivery address, then paid using his personal paypal account.

This over wrote what was in the cart (the guys work address) and replaced it with his home one.

Subsequently, we sent the parcel to his home.

We switched back to standard after that.

The problem I'm having is that customers are attempting to pay via the secure payment method is getting a 'card declined' message, if I use Evalon gateway, ( the same as in my real shop) it will cost me £20 per month, which at the moment is more than the online business takes in profit !