[Resolved] Updates new admin

Christopher Short

Minority maybe, but I have had at least three users where this has happened although for most it works fine. One was a manual upgrade where they used FTP and simply uploaded everything from the zip file as is so they had /admin_XXXXXX and /admin and admin_XXXXXX.php and admin.php before running setup !  However the last one I had to sort out was done through the automated update tool by the store owner.  I had already opened a github issue several weeks ago which you closed

Just been notified of another one that updated themselves - they were on 6.1.0 and updated to 6.1.5

What is happening is that if the admin.php file and admin directory have already been updated, then using the admin update tool uploads /admin directory and admin.php again but not into the renamed directories.  Obviously when doing a manual upgrade as I and Al always do, I upload all new files from the /admin distribution directly into the already renamed directory and likewise with the admin.php file

What do you need from me to help with this?

5 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

I think you are in the minority here. I've opened a report to investigate this.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1503

You are using the auto upgrade tool in the admin ACP?

I think I have always used the auto update tool from maintenance. The second update after this was implemented broke the store and didn't update the link files correctly, so I had to manually fix them. This last update was auto done through maintenance. 

On 2/16/2017 at 4:55 AM, Christopher Short said:

Is anyone else getting a new admin address for every single update? It really sucks having to change the link so often.

Hi, I'm fairly new to this but my admin link has also changed. I basically need to know how and where to change it back please.

32 minutes ago, zaromnia said:

Hi, I'm fairly new to this but my admin link has also changed. I basically need to know how and where to change it back please.

Yes sorry it's a pest. It should work from now on if you use this:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cubecart/v6/master/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php

Zaromnia

In public_html, change the admin.whateveritis.php to what you want it to be.

Then using ftp open up includes/global.inc.php and change the corresponding line for $glob['adminFile'] = 'your-new-filename.php';

No need to change the admin folder name.

As for the GitHub post, suggested by Al, i'd suggest that you could possibly leave this alone for now.

I'd imagine that this will be written in to the next update, so might not be an issue moving forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, keat said:

I'd imagine that this will be written in to the next update, so might not be an issue moving forward.

The next upgrade will have the same fault as the upgrade code it baked into 6.1.5. It will only work after 6.1.6 to 6.1.7 etc.. 

To get the upgrade working from 6.1.5 to 6.1.6 that file will need replacing. 

• Like 1

You will need to change the permission on your global.inc.php file to 744 in order to be able to change the naming to what you want (DO NOT GO BACK TO PLAIN ADMIN). After you have saved your file with your naming, change the permission back to 444.

Also, when you have all the naming for the admin_XXX folder and file set to what you want - be sure there is not an additional old folder hanging around named admin or a file named admin.php. (Not everyone is getting these leftover file/folders messes) They need to be deleted ONCE YOU ARE SURE you can login to the Dashboard with YOUR renamed admin_XXX.php.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keat said:

Zaromnia

In public_html, change the admin.whateveritis.php to what you want it to be.

Then using ftp open up includes/global.inc.php and change the corresponding line for $glob['adminFile'] = 'your-new-filename.php';

No need to change the admin folder name.

As for the GitHub post, suggested by Al, i'd suggest that you could possibly leave this alone for now.

My names are not the same in any of those locations.

publichtml has:

admin

admin_XXXXX

and the globalinc file has:

admin file YYYYY

admin folder ZZZZZ

my admin uses the YYYYY now.

Also, in the includes file I have the image below

Includes.JPG