Product options sets

cginca

Do the product options work? I've updated to 6.1.5, and the price in  the cart still is not calculated correctly. I have tried 5-6 skins, and they all behave similarly.

I really like CC, but it just keeps falling short. In the meantime, I have been going through the pains of Magento's learning curve...good thing this transition away from my old cart system is not urgent!

to clarify my viewpoint of options sets, I need something like this:

• Charger:
    • USA
    • EU
  • Batteries:
    • Disposable
    • Rechargeable

Thanks!

Product options (mostly) work very well and the creation of the options matrix is far superior to most other packages !

It is unlikely to be a skin issue and the fact that you have tried five or six skins supports that, although you don't say what skins you have tried(some old V5 developed skins don't always work 100% and some of the free skins sometimes are less than 100%) or how you have setup your options or actually exactly what the issue is.  

Ian

Maybe I should look for a tutorial to ensure I am setting it up properly. (Link?)

I have done an auto-update to the latest version release last week.

I have tried two ways:

First, I created a product and Product Options with Attributes, then I enabled them on in the products' Options tab. That failed. If the Product is $700, Option 1 is +30, and Option 2 is +120, the sum would be 850, but when I add both to the cart, the cart price shows something like $51 less. The popup "window" (Chrome on Windows) shows the correct value, but after clicking Show Cart the value is off.

So, I tried to set up an "Option Set", and used that in a new product. It seemed to work. So, I used this setup on the original product, and it behaves the same undesired way. The amount off seems random, but repeatable.

That only works with the Foundation skin, because none of the other skins would even let me make a selection. They just show the category name, and an asterisk, but no options to select.

I think I figured out the "random" price reduction; the "Tax Included" option was checked, so the price shown on the Product screen did not match the price shown in the Cart.

16 minutes ago, cginca said:

That only works with the Foundation skin, because none of the other skins would even let me make a selection. They just show the category name, and an asterisk, but no options to select.

I still have this issue. Only the Foundation skin will let me make Option selections in the store. The other skins I tried will not properly display Options. 

17 hours ago, cginca said:

I still have this issue. Only the Foundation skin will let me make Option selections in the store. The other skins I tried will not properly display Options. 

Again, this depends on what skins you are testing ?  A bit more information would allow people to help you better !

3 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

There were quite a few code changes relating to Options in 6.1.5. It may be that this requires some edits to any skin other than Foundation. I don't use Options, so I'm guessing that is the case - based on what you've said about other skins.

I dont believe that is the case - I think the problem is not with Foundation or Foundation based skins