Error Log on Upgrade Tab CC6.1.5

James S

Not sure if I have an issue with this or not, although I have manually upgraded to 6.1.5, I still have this error message (below) in the Error Log on the upgrade tab.  Clicking 'delete error log ' has no effect.

Should I do anything?

----- Upgrade log to 6.1.1 (15 Feb 2017 - 14:41:50) -----

includes/extra/.htaccess - Extract Status: write_error
includes/extra/index.php - Extract Status: write_error
includes/extra/.htaccess .
includes/extra/index.php .

------------------------------

"Clicking 'Delete Error Log' has no effect."

Does a fresh page appear? If so, then the browser is activating that link.

CubeCart will try to delete the file /backup/upgrade_error_log (note, no file suffix).

Maybe file permissions are preventing a script from deleting that file. If so, there may be an entry in PHP's error_log (might be accessible in your hosting account's control panel).

Thanks for that, yes a fresh page does appear when the link is clicked.  I renamed the file 'upgrade_error_log' to 'old' and on browser refresh the error clears.

The permissions are 0644 for the file and the 'backup' folder is 0755, not sure what they should be.

php error messages were not on, but are now so will see what happens!

Thanks for your assistance.

What we would like to see is if any error message gets logged when CubeCart wants to delete that file, but can't.

Please rename the 'old' file back to 'upgrade_error_log' and try the link again. If the contents still display, and file is still there, examine the PHP error_log.

Yes the error message comes back when the file is renamed.  This is extract from the error log file (in the site root) last two entries since renaming the file.  I have no idea what these are!

[19-Feb-2017 23:34:43 UTC] PHP Warning:  Stored session data did not match DB record. Session aborted as possible session hijack. Old IP Address: '86.175.151.107' New IP Address: '94.194.197.144' Old User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 8_4_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12H321 Safari/600.1.4' New User Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 9_3_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13F69 Safari/601.1' in /home/sitename/public_html/shop/classes/session.class.php on line 675
[19-Feb-2017 23:43:52 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/sitename/public_html/shop/admin_lATOmV/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 311

The first error is because, based on the cookie your browser sent back to your store, your IP address changed (maybe you are "roaming"?) and the version of your browser changed (maybe it got updated between this page request and the prior page request?).

The second is a known issue related to how the code deals with the response from CubeCart HQ about the latest versions of installed extensions.

Still looking for something else. And the file did not get deleted?

Neither of the IPs are mine, I might have been using Chrome as well as Firefox and switching.  But it could be the shop owner on different PCs?   Will keep an eye on it.  The shop have been getting some CSRF warnings (in the backend) in the last few days when doing product searches and adding products and getting dumped back at the landing page.

The file could not be deleted with the clear error button.  Is 0644 correct for that file?

Then it must have been a visitor to the front end.

Generally, cookies are not shared between browsers. That's why I find it incredibly unsettling when I see this error with wildly different user-agent strings. (Unless the browser has a plugin that allows for random or custom ua strings.)

CSRF warnings are when you have more than one window or tab open, submit a form in one tab, then try to submit a form in another tab.

I think 0644 is correct for a file, but then there are also issues with ownership. But if CubeCart created it, CubeCart should be able to delete it.