Upgrading goes to blank screen

djcaseanova

Trying to upgrade to the latest version (6.1.5) from the previous version of v6.1.4. When I go to "Upgrade Now" and  click on it, the page starts its thinking and then results in a blank screen. If I hit the back button or go back to the main store admin link, nothing has changed. In the past if this has happened, it would take me to the install upgrade screen. However, this is no longer the case. I am unable to automate the upgrade process.

I do not want to continue if this is a potential problem/issue in the making. Can't risk it regardless of having file and database backups.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!

Have you checked the PHP error_log file in your store home directory ? That might give a clue as to what error you are hitting

I always do and always recommend doing manual backups - simply upload all files using FTP or your hosting control file manager making sure you upload all files and directories within /admin to whatever your admin folder has been renamed to (and also do the same for the admin.php file) and run the setup via a browser - foolproof

Ian

I am currently downloading everything as a hard backup at the moment via FTP. I will try the manual upload, but for the record there is nothing in the error logs regarding the failure of the upgrade.

With the new admin security, do I need to tell the system where to find the admin folder, or edit any includes files?

You are already on 6.1.4 so you already have a renamed admin directory and admin_xxxxxx.php file, so when you upload copy lol files from the 6.1.5 admin directory to your renamed admin directory and copy admin.php over your renamed admin_xxxxxx.php file and then do the upgrade, no need to edit or do anything else

Ian

22 minutes ago, havenswift-hosting said:

Your renamed admin directory and admin file should not get renamed if you had followed the instructions ?

Did follow your instructions. Had removed the old standard admin folder and admin.php file before doing the manual install. But... remember the manual install had to be done because the automated upgrade process didn't work either. May be related?