Way to secure digital purchases?

HLP

On our store we have certain items available to purchase that the user is then able to download.  That part works fine, but the issue is that once the person downloads the file the browser shows the exact URL and if you copy said URL then anyone can download the file.

Is there a way to either generate a unique URL per purchase or somehow restrict access only to people who have actually purchased the file?

Thanks for any suggestions.

14 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

CubeCart v6 will do this by default if you use the built in file manager instead of specifying URL path.

Thank you for the reply.  I found the option and appreciate the help.

• 1 year later...

the file manager piece appears to work well - I can restrict number of downloads, the time the link is valid - but I can share the email and the link.

Files we are trying to sell are large, so streaming appears to be a good option.  `Adding streaming links to the store works well however, the browsers have a share button now built in and the links can be freely shared around.  Have tried with ScreenCast and Vimeo with no joy 

does anyone have any suggestions for video streaming hosts that offer protected content streaming please

Archived