How to add manufacturer field to area of search

SergeiG

Hello!

As I found, when I use a search form it use only product name and product description fields as an area for search. I would appreciate if you help me to add the manufacturer field to an area of search.

For example, I have a products by 'QQQ' manufacturer (without 'QQQ' in names and descriptions). I want to enter 'QQQ' as a search keyword and receive a list of this products as a result of search request.

Thank you.

Welcome SergeiG! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In CC615 (maybe CC614 as well), the Advanced Search page (in the Foundation skin) should give you a selector to filter by Manufacturer.

It will be difficult to include the manufacturer's name in the Quick Search field, as only the 'manufacturer_id' number (as a key into the manufacturers database table) is available in the Inventory table, where the search is performed.

7 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Welcome SergeiG! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

In CC615 (maybe CC614 as well), the Advanced Search page (in the Foundation skin) should give you a selector to filter by Manufacturer.

It will be difficult to include the manufacturer's name in the Quick Search field, as only the 'manufacturer_id' number (as a key into the manufacturers database table) is available in the Inventory table, where the search is performed.

Thank you for respond. Currently, I try to tune the CC615. If I use the Advanced Search and choose a Manufacturer, I must to enter something as a search keyword. However, my goal is next - I want to receive a list of all products from one manufacturer. May you recommend how to achieve this goal?

If you want to enhance the functionality of manufacturers then take a look at our plugin which is available from our website here : https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php?gid=19

The added functionality is as follows

Enhanced Manufacturers 
This plugin greatly enhances the very limited built in manufacturers functionality within CubeCart. Specific features include :

* manufacturers displayed either in a drop down box or displayed as a list in a sidebar box 
* each manufacturer has their own page, which can be edited to show the manufacturer details and all products assigned to that manufacturer
* a link to the new manufacture page is displayed on the product page
* when browsing categories, or in search results, there is a filter by manufacturer which only show manufacturers for products which are actually in stock.

When adding/editing a manufacturer you can:
- set the status
- set the order
- set a description
- set an image
- set SEO fields (title, description, keywords)

As with all our plugins and skins, this plugin comes with one year of support and access to upgrades included in the price

1 hour ago, havenswift-hosting said:

If you want to enhance the functionality of manufacturers then take a look at our plugin which is available from our website here : https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php?gid=19

The added functionality is as follows

Enhanced Manufacturers 
This plugin greatly enhances the very limited built in manufacturers functionality within CubeCart. Specific features include :

* manufacturers displayed either in a drop down box or displayed as a list in a sidebar box 
* each manufacturer has their own page, which can be edited to show the manufacturer details and all products assigned to that manufacturer
* a link to the new manufacture page is displayed on the product page
* when browsing categories, or in search results, there is a filter by manufacturer which only show manufacturers for products which are actually in stock.

When adding/editing a manufacturer you can:
- set the status
- set the order
- set a description
- set an image
- set SEO fields (title, description, keywords)

As with all our plugins and skins, this plugin comes with one year of support and access to upgrades included in the price

Thank you for an offer. However, in addition to the manufacturer field, I also want to do same with other fields which I added (Author, Series and etc.). So , it will be necessary to modify your plugin. As a result, firstly I spend money and after that I spend time. It will be more beneficial for me just spend time and do everything by my own.