modify foundation

keat

I'd like to make a few modifications to foundation skin, but can't for the life of me figure out where.

I've installed Semperfi's vertical navigation mod.

I'd like to move the nav bars to the left hand side, reduce the size of the text slighlty, and possibly reduce the size of the nav bars. (one text size is reduced)

Any pointers please ?

We use the browser's diagnostic tools to show us the CSS rules that are affecting the thing we want to change. The diagnostic tool has the ability to allow you to select that thing or to be able to right-click on that thing and in the context menu that pops up, click Property Inspector.

If the rule is broadly applied, then the next highest container will need to be included in a new CSS rule.

That new rule can be added to Foundation's cubcart.default.css file. Rules added to this file overrule all other rules because it gets loaded last.

What browser do you prefer to use? (Personally, I use Firefox 47 with Firebug. Firefox is up to 51(?) but past 47 Firebug has relegated is functionality to Firefox's internal Developer Tools which nobody likes.)

If this is an extension, then the extension's folder should have a skin subfolder. In there would be the CSS files. Also, if the extension does not bother itself with changing any of the color or font stylings (that is, it only deals with box sizing and positioning), there won't be any CSS rules for overriding what Foundation already gives globally.

But, since we have an ID (vertical-navigation-box-link-cbd), we can use that to create specific rules, such as:

#vertical-navigation-box-link-cbd { font-size: 0.8rem; }

Sorry, you're right. That's where they usually are with SemperFi's plugins. All but font size is in the Admin>Plugins>SFWS_Vertical_Navigation_Box settings..Try modules/plugins/SFWS_Vertical_Navigation_Box/admin/index.inc.php.

Daren is good about working with you and then making such edits part of the next version.