[Resolved] Fatal error on line 172

KweenBee

My site was working fine up until 3 days ago and I got this error
Fatal error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch() in /home/kweenbee/public_html/store/classes/cache/apc.class.php on line 172

I contacted go daddy that hosts my site and they say that it is a caching error that they can do nothing for. I've not fiddle with the code at all and have used nothing but the front line access to add products to my store and the occasional mod. I have no idea why this has happened.

I'm using the 6.1.4 version and have not done the most recent update.

I know next to nothing about coding and can't even access the admin page through the website. Please help!

Did godaddy confirm whether you have APC installed on the server ?  Have you checked which caching method your store is set to use (Store Settings | Advanced tab).  If you edit the includes/global.inc.php file you can change it from using APC to any of the other supported caching methods (https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/235/41/how-do-i-enable-apc-memcached-redis-or-xcache) - "file" will definitely work although is the slowest method by far

Ian

23 minutes ago, KweenBee said:

OMG!!  THANK YOU!!!!! I changed the file as the link suggested and it worked perfectly!!! You saved my weekend. Thank you so much!!!

You are very welcome although would be interesting to find it why that suddenly failed.  If it used to work and you haven't changed anything, then it is probable that godaddy either removed APC from your server or moved your account to a different server that didn't have APC installed.  Either way, something they shouldn't have done without notifying you

The tech support dude I talked with last night suggested that I come on here and post the question. This was after he talked to someone else briefly, before coming back on the phone and telling me he couldn't do anything. Seeing as it was simple enough that even I could fix it, seems like it should have been easy for tech support to rectify on their end. Doesn't make tech support look too tech savvy....

But I will say I'm not always great about reading their emails. They may have notified me and I simply missed it.

Removing APC is a server level change and not trivial, so for them to not know what happened or have record of changes to your hosting should be very concerning !  While you got your store working again by following the instructions to change which caching method it uses, it didn't actually fix the issue, just by-passed it

• 1 year later...

Hi All, After I EDIT global.in.php the web are working again but now I receive a text saying:

Notice: Use of undefined constant ‘file’ - assumed '‘file’' in /home/hdvparts/public_html/includes/global.inc.php on line 13

Please Help. Thanks so Much!!

Regards

Ernesto

cubecart error.jpg

It working again after called to Godady, they told me how re activate APC. After try to update de PHP from 5.4 to other the wab goes down again. Would you know how can  get the tips for use newer PHP version or is not necesary ? thanks ALL-

regards

Ernesto