Upgrade 6.1.0 to 6.1.5

I did a manual upgrade and copied all the new files but the setup still sticks at 80% even if I click the continue button. Seems to get stuck upgrading from 6.0.12 to 6.1.0

Edited to add just checked the history table seems I upgraded to 6.1.0 last October so can't understand why CC is trying to upgrade from 6.0.12 to 6.1.0 if it's already 6.1.0

CubeCart Version Date
6.1.0 Wednesday, 26 October 2016
6.1.0 Wednesday, 26 October 2016
6.0.12 Monday, 17 October 2016
6.0.12 Wednesday, 26 October 2016

I tried Force Upgrade which says upgraded to latest version now

Upgrade in progress. Upgrading from version 6.0.12 to version 6.1.0

Edited by Frank Auffret
added info

On 2/28/2017 at 11:25 AM, ayz1 said:

I've had installs stall before and I deleted contents of .htaccess file then tried again. Obviously keep copy of .htaccess file and restore afterwards.

Sorry but don't work...

On 2/28/2017 at 11:25 AM, ayz1 said:

I've had installs stall before and I deleted contents of .htaccess file then tried again. Obviously keep copy of .htaccess file and restore afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

All the in between upgrade steps are taken care of by CC - but you will probably have to do the upgrade manually this time. There's an issue with recent upgrades that should be fixed in 6.1.6 -

Save all your store files (I FTP mine to my hard drive) and backup your database before attempting the upgrade. Any edits you have made to your code will have to be added back into the upgraded files IF they are still needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be a pain but is there an idiots guide to installing the upgrade from 6.1.1 to the 6.1.5 

My remaining tickets seem to have expired and I have no wish or resources to enter into a technical help contract.

I would appreciate help on a very basic level.

Thanks

Paul

Is your install all stock code? As I understand it, CC staff will not tweak any edits you might have made to stock code, so you would still have to put your edits back in. You are the only one who could decide if it's worth it. Hopefully upgrades after this one will no longer get so confusing, and you won't have to be concerned with paying for upgrades.

I have made no edits, I wouldn't know how to. I just had the shop installed by the tech people.

All upgrades from purchasing have been by clicking on the automatic reminders, which I have had and unfortunately doesn't work with this new version.

The rate of upgrades seems very frequent and I have no wish to go through this every month or more.

Could I ask again, which of the  two tech choices do I choose lower or higher? if I need the higher I may not bother.

I did find what seems to be the last comment Al made in GitHub about the upgrade process.

Sadly it won't work for merchants until they upgrade from 6.1.6 to 6.1.7.

@abrookbanks

So it would make sense for you to pay for the upgrade to 6.1.6, rather than pay now for upgrading to 6.1.5.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I did find what seems to be the last comment Al made in GitHub about the upgrade process.

So it would make sense for you to pay for the upgrade to 6.1.6, rather than pay now for upgrading to 6.1.5.

I shall do that when it becomes available,

Thanks.