Evidence of hacking attempts in CubeCart_search table?

jasehead

I just exported a copy of my cubecart database prior to fiddling/upgrade and was browsing through when I noticed things like this in the CubeCart_search table:

• HTTP://SVZTGXEPMYEU.COM/  - or other random letter url always the same length (these were early on in the list so I expect they're old)
  • SLEEP(3) - often as part of a longer string like '2015'&&SLEEP(3)&&'1'
  • BENCHMARK(2999999
  • MD5(NOW()))
  • الميرغني - or part/similar
  • \\"X\\"=\\"X - or - 'X'='Y - or similar
  • KM;L'/;M'/
  • SIDIVYA;VIDEOXXX;X

I'm not sure what they might be sniffing for, but the MD5 suggests they are looking for a password weakness in the HTML output - and I guess they're testing if the search function mines the page code and not just the displayed text.

Also noticed bots in the Customer Access Log (Admin > Advanced > Staff Access Log then Customer Access) - easy to pick these bots because they try using a name rather than an e-mail address and have a big red X.  I checked a lot of IP addresses to get a pattern, and so far I've blocked Russia, Ukraine, Israel and Slovenia plus a few individual IPs from countries where I have customers - seems to have made a big difference.