[Resolved] PayPal emails not received

Claudia M

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to CC6.15 and more precisely PayPal Pro 1.1.7 I am not receiving emails from Paypal when a payment is received as I always have in the past. My email settings in CC admin are SMTP with SSL Outgoing Port 465.

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

Just to make sure I understand: you are saying PayPal isn't sending you an email from PayPal. (I don't do PayPal, but) Would there be a PayPal Merchant Account Profile page at PayPal where you specify what email address you want PayPal to use to notify you of transactions consummated at PayPal's secure transaction page?

Back in CubeCart, in admin, there is a new feature in the Reporting Section of the left-side Navigation: Email Log.

Assuming an order goes to the Processing status, and CubeCart sent you an administrative email when the order went to either Pending or Processing (according to a Store Setting option), the log should show that.

Right,  PayPal quit sending me an email from PayPal.  I haven't changed any settings in PayPal so I thought there may be a change in the newest version of the PayPal Plugin.  No entry in the Admin Email log and I haven't changed anything in my PayPal profile.  I receive all the emails Cubecart sends.  Also my PayPal account shows that the payment was made. I have screenshots of the emails PayPal sent me in the past.  This may be the wrong place to ask about this, I don't know.  I just don't like it when something stops doing what it has always done.  LOL

There was an issue with PayPal sending emails a few months ago.

We also found that Paypal wasn't updating the account, so a customer would place an order and pay, but the transfer from thier account to ours was taking 4 hours or more.

We run a very fast moving retail outlet, so when we don't see a payment within about 30 minutes, we contact the customer.

This went on for three days or more.

This is quite common with PayPal but strangely (!) whenever you speak with them, they will always say their systems are working perfectly and blame everything else (hosting, the application, emails going into spam, your internet).  As much as it is a pain, all stores should always check directly in PayPal (and all payment gateways really) to verify payments, especially when shown as Pending