zero messages per day

keat

59 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Is it still working that shows someone else has commented while you are writing a response?? I've had that NOT warn me several times of late.

I have seen that still working but also had times when clearly it didnt work - recent upgrades to the forum software appear to have caused lots of irritating little changes / issues 

I'm good at tuning out extraneous stuff on a web page, like ads, so I thought maybe it was just me. Bsmither and I often write comments at the same time. Several times in the last 2 days I've posted only to find his better comment already there when mine was submitted - and once they were almost identical comments.

I just saw a reply popup notice that indicated your response to a conversation while I was in the middle of composing my response.

I have concluded that the forum may take close to 60 seconds between the other person's response being posted and the popup notice being pushed to others who may be viewing the same conversation. This may be because (making a wild guess about this) the notice is not actually "pushed", but rather is delivered when the page's javascript makes a timed AJAX request for the current status of this conversation.