How to Fix Database Index?

You say that "you" didn't make a backup. Maybe your hosting provider made a nightly backup of the database??? Doesn't hurt to ask.

What version of Cubecart are you running? If you made a recent upgrade, then maybe the upgrade - under Cubecart's control - would have made a backup of the store.

If so, look in admin, Maintenance, Backup tab. See if there are any Existing Backups that you can download.

Yep. Already thought of this. The backup for my hosting happened on 11/12, and there have been hundreds of categories and products added/removed since then, and no backup within cubecart. Oh well. Tedious lesson learned. I really appreciate your help, as always. After I get these cats reassigned, I will need to revisit this, as I'm having the same KEY/PRIMARY database errors that led me to this thread. 

@traylor23 you are very welcome ! One takeaway is that you might want to look into the frequency and accessibility of backups your hosting company is doing.  Minimum has to be full off-server backup once per day but even that for busy transactional sites can lead to massive data loss.  As an example, we do hourly Continuous Data Protection backups !

• Like 1

• 2 years later...