[Resolved] Missing transaction logs/PayPal IPN

lyndsiesal

Thanks Al, it maybe purely coincidental but i did not have any PP issues until i updated from 6.1.1 to 6.1.7 on Friday.

if i compare the IPN messages before and after the upgrade i don't see any difference they all say sent and no reattempts the url is the same

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, [email protected]. said:

@Al Brookbanks this isn't just a PP issue which is why so many of us believe it to be a CC issue...

I also dont believe this is a PayPal issue - there are lots of reports of different and odd behaviour from upgraded sites that are intermittent even on the same site.

• Like 1

In an attempt to ditch 'store email at the pending stage', I've been hoping for a fix for IPN, so I can put the site in to 'store email at processing'.

I don't get many failed IPN's but enough not to warrant switching the email notifications.

I've just updated the PayPal Standard gateway to 1.0.5, lets seee if this helps.

5 minutes ago, foz1234 said:

Hi Al, if you would like me to test a with a purchase on my store i am happy to test, if you tell me what you would like me to change.

Isn't your issue intermittent? If so my thoughts are not relevant. It would be all or nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

your issue intermittent? If so my thoughts are not relevant. It would be all or nothing. 

no Al, mine is on every payment, Payments are being made via PayPal i get email from PP but CC not changing to processing and sending emails out, has worked fine when i was on 6.1.1 until i updated to 6.1.7 on Friday. i too wouldn't know how to turn CSRF on or off lol

Edited by foz1234

No Al

i get this message now which i don't remember seeing before in the customer checkout

Many thanks for your order! The order status is currently pending but it will automatically update to processing once payment is confirmed. Normally this is automated and will happen within the hour but please do contact us if you require more information.

nothing in the transaction logs, Order status for admin email notifications set to - processing so no email from the store, still showing as pending in unsettled orders

FYI i turned off the IPN settings in PayPal as you said they are not needed.

just checked the IPN log on PP this time i did not get a http response code 200 it was blank i maybe should have left the IPN settings to on the status no says off

i will test again with it turned on

Edited by foz1234

My IPN history also all show as successful, despite orders being stuck in Pending until manually resolved.

Using PayPal_Pro 1.1.7.

Orders paid for by credit card seem less prone to this error than those paid for by PayPal Express Checkout, though I can't confirm at this time whether the former never has this problem.

Of note is that I have had this problem intermittently for at least the last few months, so for me it is not isolated to CC 6.1.7.

2 minutes ago, foz1234 said:

i am happy to say i think that's worked Al

the new order has changed to processing and admin email received.

that's with the IPN settings turned on in PP and the csrf set to false

So the CSRF test needs exceptions for remote server calls. 

7 minutes ago, Al Brookbanks said:

So the CSRF test needs exceptions for remote server calls. 

Perhaps also checked against a whitelisted set of allowed URLs? Since, you know, CSRF is exactly that - an attack by a remote server. ;)

EDIT: And by whitelisted URLs, I mean internal (CubeCart) ones that are allowed to be called remotely without a CSRF token.

Edited by bsandall