Random missing download link

lyndsiesal

I am getting the occasional order that is missing the download link. All of my products are digital and all the files are present. This is a totally random thing. Sometimes the site just doesn't create a download link for the customer. 

Whats ive been doing is logging in as the customer and re-ordering and then going into admin and completing the order. This will generate the links but it's a pain!  It's not all orders but it happened enough to be an annoyance. 

According to your other post, it stands to reason that if an order does not go to Processing (and if 100% digital items, automatically goes to Completed if set in Store Settings, Features tab), there will not be a download link generated.

I believe this is a separate issue -- it's only a handful of random orders and has been going on since before the PayPal issue. 

In these orders with missing links, payment is processed as usual and the order completes. The customer sees a download button in the customer area but it says the file is missing. When I view the order in admin, I can see there is no link under the product. I can find any rhyme or reason. It seems to happen to a handful of orders each week. 

Please refresh my memory -- what exact version of CubeCart are you running?

Using an external utility such as phpMyAdmin, examine the contents of the CubeCart_downloads table. This table holds the actual data needed to validate a file for download. Make sure there are Cart Order ID numbers and Customer ID numbers for what may be download links missing.

Did the emails get sent that have the links? (If running CC615, in admin, there is an email log you can look at.)