Mobile ..

ChrisColeman

I am working on a site and have used a PHP utility to detect mobiles, tablets, phones etc, and my skin reacts accordingly ..

I was just wondering about teh mobile-skin option which I have not used.

The question is 'What does CubeCart use to detect mobiles' ?

Thanks.

CubeCart has its own internal code that examines the User-Agent signature of the browser application. If the UA string matches a regex pattern, CubeCart will then check if a "mobile-specific" skin has been installed and allowed to be used.

The above is predicated on having a skin in use that is not already "responsive". A responsive skin has javascript and CSS rules to reconfigure its layout based on the browser's ability to report its "viewport width". If a responsive skin is set as the default skin, then all functionality to detect a mobile agent is suppressed.

From the Marketplace, there is a skin named "Mobile" which is mobile-specific.

Ok thanks - I agree with Al (also with myself?), any way I am using media queries combined with a browser-detect module - Perhaps I didn't need the browser detect but I like to make some items not visible on phones ..

For info .. my own skin ..

Many Thanks, Chris.