Cannot log in to admin section or store

It's been  a few years since I've played with websites, php, and such. But time has come to get back in it again. I want to set the store up locally first and play with it, mainly because of poor internet connection,I don't want to play/learn/setup/modify online, until I'm ready.

So....installed WAMP, it's working, installed CC, but I cannot login into the store or the backend, no errors to see. On the store login, after hitting Login, page reloads with "Admin" in the email box...no errors, no login. On the admin page, it just reloads with Admin in the username box.....please help me out :)

An install of CC615 would have named the administration script something like: admin_aBcDeF.php

Are you requesting that script?

You say the storefront page reloads with the word Admin in the text field asking for the email address. CubeCart doesn't do that. A failed login gives you a red banner and empty text entry fields for Email Address and Password.

Note, however, a fresh installation does not have any customers, so trying to login using your admin credentials on the storefront will not work.

Does your browser have any sort of form auto-fill add-on?

Yes it is calling for script http://localhost/cc/admin_jfoLG8.php?_g=login

No red banners, I was expecting something along those lines....See pictures

Running Chrome and it does auto-fill fields

......???

Capture.PNG

admin.PNG

Deleted the auto-fill for localhost...no change, deleted cookies. no change

Just those fields are empty now after clicking login

same thing happens if I try and register, page reloads with empty fields

Calling for that script should get you a screen that looks far different than the pictures posted.

This is Cubecart's demo store: https://www.cubecart.com/demo

Click the link to the administration and note the page design.

If you do not get this page, then maybe the web browser is faulting with a 404, and if the .htaccess file specifies a certain CubeCart page to show for 404 situations, that may be why you are not getting what is expected.

With regards to "Admin" appearing in the login field, when that happens, have the browser show you the HTML source it has received.

Assuming there is nothing changing the source between CubeCart and the browser, the source will show us if "Admin" is actually the value of the text entry field. If the value of that field is blank (like it is suppose to), then we need to look at some browser feature interfering.

If anyone can be of help, it would be Bsmither!!

I know I can't help with this, other than to ask some questions that are just shooting in the dark.

Could we have the store url?

Do you have any control over settings in your hosted account?

How did you do the install - with Softaculous or some other software method? What version of CC did you install?

When things are working as they should, you can delete the .htaccess file and CC will re-create a stock one. Perhaps it would be that re-naming yours and letting CC make a standard one might be worth trying.

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

With regards to "Admin" appearing in the login field, when that happens, have the browser show you the HTML source it has received.

Assuming there is nothing changing the source between CubeCart and the browser, the source will show us if "Admin" is actually the value of the text entry field. If the value of that field is blank (like it is suppose to), then we need to look at some browser feature interfering.

both store login and admin login, return to the same page, with empty fields, when i click login (Cleared browswer cache)

2 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

If anyone can be of help, it would be Bsmither!!

I know I can't help with this, other than to ask some questions that are just shooting in the dark.

Could we have the store url?

Do you have any control over settings in your hosted account?

How did you do the install - with Softaculous or some other software method? What version of CC did you install?

When things are working as they should, you can delete the .htaccess file and CC will re-create a stock one. Perhaps it would be that re-naming yours and letting CC make a standard one might be worth trying.

This is a localhost setup, see my signature ;)

tried removing the .htaccess file...a new one was created....no difference