[Resolved] How to add a link on foundation skin top menu

The 'top menu' is the "Navigation" bar (or sometimes "Shop by Category" box).

The menu is built from all the categories (enabled and unhidden) there are.

There are also three special items: Home, Sale Items, and Gift Certificates.

To add any other links to this group would require editing the skin template "box.navigation.php".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

The 'top menu' is the "Navigation" bar (or sometimes "Shop by Category" box).

The menu is built from all the categories (enabled and unhidden) there are.

There are also three special items: Home, Sale Items, and Gift Certificates.

To add any other links to this group would require editing the skin template "box.navigation.php".

I have made some modifications on the box.navigation.php but they are not shown on the  live website once uploaded to the server, the template I am using is the foundation, anywhere else I should look for? I did not see a file called "Shop by Category".

The "Shop by Category" reference is the default title of the sidebox of nav links on skins designed for CC5 (which still work with CC6). It is not a "file", per se. You can see this in the MarketPlace.

The Foundation skin does not use a title for the top menu bar. A 'title' would be what you see in the "Best Sellers" box, or "Featured Product" box.

CubeCart uses a template rendering engine that will cache compiled templates - needing only then to fill in the variables with values. When making edits to templates, you will need to clear the cache of already compiled templates.

One way to do this is in admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, check Clear cache, click Submit. Another way is to make the browser request this URL:
www.store.com/index.php?debug-cache-clear=true

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...