Verification Code Error

vickif

• 2 months later...

I had a customer call this morning regarding registering, just after I upgraded to 6.1.8 she found it impossible to register. I have now turned off recaptcha as this was the only way to allow customers to register.

When recaptcha is ON, old and new version I get

"The following errors were detected:
The verification code was incorrect. Please try again. "The following errors were detected:

• The verification code was incorrect. Please try again.

The only changes I made to my 6.1.8 foundation site was to change the css and changed the skin templates. I also went to upgrade, restore current version, deleted the setup files, uploaded the CSS, cleared cache and tried again with NEW recaptcha. Same error using google chrome.

Any suggestions please?

Edited by harrisorganic
Verification still not working

Thanks DB.

The only system error code I have about that time was:

Today, 11:58 [Exception] /home1/maketext/public_html/shop/admin_bimZyu/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php:232 - Call to undefined method ACP::renameAdmin()

This may be related to this or something else.

NB the admin code above  bimZyu is not my current admin code. This is the 6.1.4 or 6.1.5 upgrade.

The recent upgrade is through the admin maintenance page. There were a few difficulties, ala blank screen but seemed to work eventually.

Edited by harrisorganic

10 hours ago, harrisorganic said:

I also went to upgrade, restore current version, deleted the setup files, uploaded the CSS, cleared cache and tried again with NEW recaptcha.

And tested before and after over writing the skin files, with no success

So one would like to assume that all the files has been updated/over written. Some files have different dates in the JS folder and most folders have an April date, but the files within them have today's date. 

Question: There are two admin folders under shop/, one is called Admin, the other called Admin_abcDef where as the login Admin folder has a set of letters. is this normal?

Edited by harrisorganic

1 hour ago, harrisorganic said:

Question: There are two admin folders under shop/, one is called Admin, the other called Admin_abcDef where as the login Admin folder has a set of letters. is this normal?

The plain admin folder and file need to be deleted, once you are absolutely sure that the NEWEST files are in the admin_XXX version. You HAVE to login with the admin_XXX.php file.

Most interesting, if I try to login with the admin_XXX.php file I get a 404 error. Possibly as XXX folder and file are from a previous version from April. The latest admin_YYY.php url I use is not listed as a folder. With this update I noticed I had to delete a "setup folder" which I have not done for a number of updates.

You need to match the admin_xxx folder and admin_xxx.php file names in the includes/global.inc.php file with the corresponding folder and file. Then delete any other variations of file and folder, including plain admin.

At that point maybe do a manual upgrade or run the force upgrade from admin again.

Mine is all messed up. The current admin_xxxabc.php file is in the shop root directory and not in the xxxabc folder, there is no xxxabc folder.

I have never  done a manual upgrade.  I will use this method https://support.cubecart.com/knowledgebase/article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6

Fingers crossed. Thanks DB.

Having manually unzipped 6.1.8 and uploaded now running https://www.mywebsite.com.au/shop

and get the same error as the title of this post.

I have tried all  of the recaptcha options and get the same responses. 

When I use the NEW invisible recaptcha I get;

This site key is not enabled for the invisible captcha.

Any ideas?

Following the above, I went to google recaptcha and made a new key for "invisible". The result was not positive. Same error as usual. The error log 

Error: Hook 'ccss/hooks/controller.index.php' was not found in /home1/......../shop/classes/hookloader.class.php on line 280

and  Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20100525
PHP    compiled with module API=20131226

Edited by harrisorganic
edited