Billing Address - no State

vickif

Getting close to figuring out all of this new(er) cubecart, hopefully one last question. On the billing it has an entry for County, but this needs to be State for U.S. I know I'll have to go into a php page, can somebody tell me where and what lines, and code to change. Image included. Thank you!

state.jpg

Check to see if your admin default language is US English or UK English. Do you have the US English language files installed?

IF you do have US English as default, then you can make the wording change without having to fiddle with code. (You shouldn't have to, as the US wording is already State)

Goto Admin Settings>Languages>click on English (US)>Address - Phrases  from drop down. You can change wordings here and they will be databased. They will survive upgrades.

OK, found the Extension via google, installed and went thru the Address drop down, but nothing has changed. Amend that, the drop down has the states but the field name still says County (not state).

Here is it, tcsmg.com/2017conference if you want to see it. http://tcsmg.com/2017conference/index.php?_a=checkout

Edited by vickif

Did, restarted and everything, cleared language cache and 'general' cache, County still does not say State. I am also looking at this on tablet, mobile, etc. 

Also did this: 

1. Now navigate to "Filemanager" >> "Email Templates" and click the "Import" tab.
  2. In the import fieldset select en-US then click "Save".

Still County, doesn't say State.

I've seen this happen if you have an invalid / broken or missing language file for ANY installed module. Just one will break the entire system.

Can you list all of the modules you have installed? It might be one I am already aware of

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2017 at 2:05 AM, Noodleman said:

I've seen this happen if you have an invalid / broken or missing language file for ANY installed module. Just one will break the entire system.

Can you list all of the modules you have installed? It might be one I am already aware of

Try Noodleman's suggestion.

Please list ALL your plugins.

did you ever look into what I suggested? what modules do you have installed?

If you edit any installed language to change a language string, do you run into any issues (white screen etc).

Edited by Noodleman

Tax Exempt customers may cause you the problem in newwer versions of CubeCart and could be the root cause of the issue.

Open & Edit the following file:

/modules/plugins/tax_exempt_customers/language/module.definitions.xml

replace the entire contents of the file with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions version="1.0">
	<string name="module_title"><![CDATA[Tax Exempt Customers]]></string> 
</definitions>

The module doiesn't correctly make use of the language system (It will in the next version), however if you have an empty language file CubeCart seems to not like it and will break the entire language system.

If this doesn't fix the issue, the next task will be to check EVERY module you have installed (regardless of status) has a valid module.definitions.xml language file.

• 5 months later...

Hi Noodleman,

I tried what you have suggested but now i have the white screen you mentioned before, when trying to view the language file.

I get this error message when looking in the error log:

[Exception] /var/www/vhosts/MYWEBSITE.com/httpdocs/classes/language.class.php:246 - Call to a member function attributes() on null

I have turned off each plugin, one at a time to see if that helps but still no joy :-(

I am using CubeCart version 6.1.12

Any Other Suggestions?

If this is what you used:

</definitions>

then please use this version instead:

<group name="tax_exempt_customers">
  </group>
</definitions>

I am just guessing about the group name.

The error references line 246:

if(!isset($content->group->string) && !isset($content->group[0]->attributes()->name)) {

Without the 'group' node, the first expression is true, so try the next expression.

However, since there is no 'group' node, that part of the object chaining resolves to 'null', and the attempt to use the attributes() method on a null object fails - fatally. PHP crashes and you get the white screen of death.

The revised code follows CubeCart's 'Language version 1.0' node hierarchy (schema).

Edited by bsmither