Recaptcha questions incl the new Google Invisible

sailing123

Hi,

Looking at the recaptcha and was going to implement Google, I am not a robot, when I noticed that there is now a Google Recaptcha Invisible.

So I first implemented the "I am not a robot", no problem, it seems fine. Then tried the Invisible one but I still have the "I am not a robot" on the page .... so cleared page, browser, refreshed browser, made no difference.

I then wonder whether I did the right things. At the moment, all I do is add my site and secret keys in the spam prevention section of the store settings.

However, Google states the following, see below. Am I supposed to make these changes as well and it is all taken care off by Cubecart once I supply the keys ?

ic_info_outline_48px.svgAdding reCAPTCHA to your site

Paste this snippet before the closing </head> tag on your HTML template:<script src='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js'></script>Paste this snippet at the end of the <form> to create a button protected by the Invisible reCAPTCHA. You will need to create a callback function to handle the result.<button
class="g-recaptcha"
data-sitekey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
data-callback="YourOnSubmitFn">
Submit
</button>The Invisible reCAPTCHA documentation site provides more details and advanced configuration options.

When your users submit the form where you integrated reCAPTCHA, you'll get as part of the payload a string with the name "g-recaptcha-response". In order to check whether Google has verified that user, send a POST request with these parameters:

secret (required) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
response (required) The value of 'g-recaptcha-response'.
remoteip The end user's ip address.

The reCAPTCHA documentation site describes more details and advanced configurations.

Thanks for your help.

S.

The Invisible Recaptcha is one of the new features coming out in 6.1.6. If you can't wait you could find the beta code in GitHub and implement it now.

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1483

A word of caution, however. I have some plugins on our plush catalog that will need edits before they will work with the invisible one. I have it in operation on our estates site, if you want to see it working.

• Like 1

Thanks DirtyButter, just visited your estates site, noticed the recaptcha image in the corner which is good so that we know it is working .... Silly question but I could not find the actual coding in the github of the link provided. Is it hidden somewhere under a none obvious link ? Sorry, not yet used to this github.

Thanks Al, might try to implement it before the release of 6.1.6, will be one less thing for you to do ;-)

Really hope this invisible recaptcha will be a success as I do lose orders every so often because of customers not being able to follow the anti-spam instructions ... a minority will pick up the phone but the majority does not bother so lost business.

It involved lots of changes - https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/1546

I don't have the skill to spot just one place in GitHub to look for all the invisible recaptcha edits, plus the new file(s).

I download the commit almost daily and use a file difference program to find what code changes have been made. I then merge those changes with code onto a hidden test site. When I'm comfortable that my test edits are working properly, I install on dirtybutterestates. If it is still all working correctly, I then merge the edits with plushcatalog. I've learned a lot doing it that way, but I have the time and inclination. Yes, I'm crazy.

• 5 months later...

I'm now on 6.1.10 and have a similar question to the OP. If I put the key information into the admin control panel, do I need to anything else for the Invisible ReCaptcha (i.e. insert the code that google provides)?

Can anyone confirm if this works OK on 6.1.10, or should I still use the V2 ReCaptcha?

Thanks