Can't add much description

vickif

About to go live, reviews are good from our group on the cart! I seem to be missing something, however, when I try to add a couple of lines of description, they don't show up. Specifically, when you go to: http://tcsmg.com/2017conference/thursday-banquet.html, you can see part of the description trial off with a ... next to Thursday Dinner, click on thursday dinner, and there's NO description at all. Have tried to input it in both Description and the Short Optional Description. Is there a toggle or something?

The trailing off part... is where the name is truncated in the skin homepage.php code.

<h3><a href="{$product.url}" title="{$product.name}">{$product.name|truncate:38:"&hellip;"}</a></h3>

If you take truncate out completely the whole product name will show. Or you can change the length of the truncate by changing the 38. The &hellip creates the ....

I'm not sure why there is no description on the product page.

The product description is there, the HTML of the description's <div> container is just telling the browser to not display it.

The Foundation javascript is adding display:none to all tabs (Description and Specification), but then is failing to remove it for that tab deemed 'active'.

On you site, I am trying to determine what is preventing the description tab from informing the javascript that it is 'active'.

Please make these edits:

In the template content.product.php, there are two edits that are suspicious and may be causing the HTML to not display:

Line 140:
Yours:
<dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="deep_linking:true; scroll_to_content:false" style="display:none;">
Supposed to be:
<dl class="tabs" data-tab data-options="scroll_to_content:false">

Line 152:
Yours:
<div class="tabs-content" style="display:none;">
Supposed to be:
<div class="tabs-content">

I think by having added the display:none; the tab system is not displaying.

Since a template has been edited, be sure to clear the cache (admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, Clear cache).

This is one that I had tweaked to get rid of Product Information and Specification, obviously not a good way to do that. So, did what you said and now, the description is there (and Product info and spec are back - but that's OK!). Thank you so much.