Http 500 on View Basket & Checkout Basket

IanOffers

Welcome to the forums. Sorry you're having problems. Since it's letting you add something to the basket without requiring options to be chosen, it may have something to do with options. It should not allow that to happen.

Please try creating a test product that doesn't have options and see if it goes through.

Something still doesn't seem right with the options, however. When the jacket is put in the basket from the homepage it does not require any options, such as size and color. When put in the basket from the product page itself, the options are there to choose from, but they are still not required.

10 hours ago, IanOffers said:

Deleted all subfolders from the modules\shipping folder and all now works.
About to go find a new shipping module to use now :-)

Who did the upgrade for you as there should not have been any left over files (except images and the global.inc.php config file). If you still had shipping modules left then there is a good chance that there are other modules as well.

The Royal Mail module is not required as the All in One Shipping can do everything that it used to be able to do and a lot more !

Ian

I did the upgrade by running the various version update scripts from the CubeCart site.

Have now added the "All In One" postage module.

Ian

Dirty Butter: It seems clicking Add To Basket from the Homepage or Product page allows it to be added to the basket without asking about the product options.

I've checked this on an old product that would have been there pre-upgrade, and also on a product added after the upgrade and both are showing the same.

Is there a way to do a fresh install of the files, but keep the products, options and Customer/Order history ?

Ian

15 minutes ago, IanOffers said:

I did the upgrade by running the various version update scripts from the CubeCart site.

Is there a way to do a fresh install of the files, but keep the products, options and Customer/Order history ?

Upgrades from V3 and V4 require all files (except a few specific ones listed) to be deleted before uploading V6 files and before running the update scripts (which mostly deal with the database changes.  Even V5 to V6 upgrades should have all modules deleted.

You probably have a weird mixture of V6 files with lots of left over V3 / V4 files.  You can still do the same by deleting all files (except those specific ones) and then re-upload V6 files.  Make sure you do a FULL backup first and bear in mind that you will need to do the upgrade manually rather than use the built in admin upgrade

Ian

5 hours ago, IanOffers said:

These are all data based, not in the CC files. So you don't need to be concerned about losing the data on upgrading. BUT, having said that, be sure you have a backup of your database as well as all your files before doing the manual upgrade. Better to be safe than sorry.

Clean installation now applied. http500 errors all gone as are the old mods.
Added All In One Shipping and PayPal Standard.

Had to re-enter store details, but all DB content is there inc products, sales, customers etc.
Site still allows you to add items to the basket without entering any product details (Size/colour) from the "Latest Products" list and the product page.

Have created a new product and it allows the same. Not sure how to enforce the product options. 

SO, have noticed that new Option Groups (ie. Size, Colour etc) not have a "Required" tick box. If I create a new test group and make it required and then assign that option to an item, then clicking "Add to Basket" will give a warning that an option must be selected and take me to the product page.

Checked the Database via MyPHPAdmin and found the table that holds the Option Categories.
Set the "Required" column to 1 for each category and problems all now fixed :-)
Table was `shop_CubeCart_option_group` 

Happy Man Again !

Ian

Edited by IanOffers

31 minutes ago, IanOffers said:

Does anyone know what DB table enforces the Required option ? 

It's in CubeCart_option_group, but I don't know anything about options. I don't know if manually changing that setting from the database would have unintended consequences or not.

Something is still wrong if you don't have the Required tick box on old ones.