Alternative product page.

violinman

Hello, when you click on an item in a category it then jumps to the item page with a larger image and thumbnails.

How can I alter that behaviour so that it goes instead to a different custom page (within Cubecart) ? (a cube cart document with 8 images displayed)

I would want to add the "Add to Basket" button the this new page.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian

Thanks for the quick response. I want to be able to format the view product page with a table based layout containing 8 static images, description and the add to basket link in a different place on the page.

If you can tell me which page I would need to alter I could work on a copy of it, remove the stuff I don't want such as the default image and thumbnails and move the bits I want to keep.

Thanks,

Brian

I only sell two items, antique violins and antique violin bows so every violin has 8 photos, the bows have 5 images, although it could be 6, I suppose this implies two view product pages but at this stage I just want to find the correct files to look at, maybe I can use the same layout for both.

I have been selling violins and bows on the internet for nearly 20 years but my current site (which is still live) will not run on the new server, the old site has lots of ancient cgi scripts hence the need to move.

Here is what I currently have for the violin pages:

Layout as per the old site 

In Cubecart the page space would be narrower and not as tall, maybe smaller images but with a good magnifier if I can find one.

Thanks,

Brian

Foundation is built on a grid of 12 columns, so it should be possible to change the page to show all 8 photos at full size. But it would be FAR from the way stock is coded.

If you haven't already, it would probably be a good idea to upgrade to 6.1.6 before creating your own content.product.php page. There are some new files related to the product page that you might need to work with as well.