Upgrade doesn't show products unless they have been manually updated

Redux

I've ran an update to the latest version of CC and we have over 4000 products. However all of the products are hidden. I noticed when I edited the product on the site, the category wasn't selected (it was totally blank with no categories selected) but it was selected on the database (cat_id = 12). I selected the correct product, click save. Its now live and NOT hidden.

normal_plus.thumb.jpg.faadf489adb526f89d45aeb593fa409c.jpg

I checked the database to see the differences and as you can see the only difference changed is the description (adding whitespace)

Is there another table on the database that its updating? all the fields are correct for the category. 

Heres another part of my digging.

I've noticed on the first 2 products where I manually add the product, it shows under the name where the others are blank.

http://d.pr/i/u85H

Look at the database, its cat_id is 12 (which is Kings 18/0)

Heres a look at the database

http://d.pr/i/kUAk

Note: Tried repairing the db too on both phpmyadmin and the site admin.

Edited by Redux

CubeCart uses the cat_id in the CubeCart_inventory table for a limited purpose, and uses the CubeCart_category_index table for all other purposes.

CubeCart checks the CubeCart_category_index table and gets the list of all categories associated with a given product_id. CubeCart then checks all these categories looking for any one that is enabled and not hidden.

So, if no categories are associated with a given product, or there are no enabled/unhidden categories that are associated, the product will not be shown.

It seems that the upgrade may have not populated the CubeCart_category_index table properly.