smarty issue 6.1.7

foz1234

i think i may have a smarty issue after upgrading from 6.1.1 to 6.1.7, i assume this would explain why the microdata plugin is not working as well? we had a purchase last night from the store but didn't receive an email confirming this, only received a PayPal notification email from PayPal, i checked yesterday after the update that emails were working in the store's admin settings advanced test email. I've tested this again this morning the test email sends from the admin panel. Nothing in the error logs, if i run the store in debug mode i don't get any errors either any ideas?

added: interesting not sure if related but just had this error pop up in logs

[Notice] /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin_xxxxx/sources/settings.index.inc.php:130 - Undefined index: path

Thanks

Edited by foz1234

Undefined index notices are an inconsequential consequence of the style of programming that CubeCart has.

There have been issues with the databased email templates not working on later versions of CubeCart.

The upgrade process attempted to fix one issue (apostrophes). I am not sure if the upgrade process has fixed the other (nested braces).

If you haven't made any changes to the templates, you can have CubeCart re-database the email templates from the language folder for the version that is installed. That may fix Smarty crashing when building the emails for two specific templates (order notification - admin and customer).

i had edited the completed email template in older 6.1.1 version of CC not touched it in 6.1.7

i have now since reading your post reinstall/imported the stock email templates through the admin panel, the structured data testing tool is still not working as it should so i assume means smarty is still not working correctly.

I've just turned off micro data plugin in and put back stock templates back just to eliminate the possibility of its something in there causing the email issue. tested url with the structured data tool with stock templates still had error cleaned store cache now getting no errors with structured data testing tool and getting meta.

this is very odd..

Ian says he's tested the microdata plugin and its working fine on 6.1.7 he's even sent me his 2 edited files, i have the 1.1 version for php 7.0 but its looking to me now its this causing the smarty to crash. 

Edited by foz1234

Hi Brian, i only assumed it was smarty, due to not receiving the email after a purchase from our store and i thought the microdata plugin uses smarty and that's not working seemed to coincidental.

i have attached the 2 files that Ian me sent over for the Microdata plugin that he edited and tested himself and says working 100% on 6.1.7

once i put these files into my stores foundation templates and turn on the microdata plugin v1.1 for php 5.6 and above (i am running php 7.0) i get error from the structured data testing tool, its hard to test a purchase to see if i get emails while the files are not installed until someone makes a purchase.

i just assumed it was Smarty Brian to be honest, unless its the microdata plugin and or templates crashing smarty?

element.product_reviews.php

content.product.php

i can now confirm the none sending of emails problem still exists without the microdata plugin activated or content.product.php & element.product_reviews.php files being installed, i have now added ini-custom.inc.php into the root directory. i will put an order through to test it and hopefully see what is going on.

hmm i think I've figured out why i am not getting an email when the order has been placed it is still showing as pending, the Order status for admin email notifications is processing.

nothing showing in transaction logs for the payment either although they are paying with PayPal as I've received confirmation from PayPal the order has been paid?

i put a dummy order through using my wife's email address and as a customer i didn't get an email after placing the order or as the admin, as soon as i changed the status to processing both customer and admin received there emails.

so it would seem not to be a problem with smarty/email but the problem seems to be the payment gateway processing the order.

found other thread about this now, edited

From: 'notify_url' => $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal',

To: 'notify_url' => $GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway&cmd=call&module=PayPal',

but seems this has not worked still showing as pending in the admin not processing.

Edited by foz1234

Email at pending / processing is probably my biggest gripe.

We rely heavily on the store emailing us the orders.

Quite often, we don't receive the IPN, I guess maybe some customers will close thier browser upon a successful payment.

So for this reason, we have to use payment at pending, but this also has issues whereby a customer can go back and change his order, but the cart doesn't send a second email.