Jump to content

Add e-mail to Mailing list doesn't work (6.1.7)


SergeiG
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello!

After upgrade from 6.1.5 to 6.1.7 the function of adding e-mail to mailing list stopped to work. After that, I installed an empty base 6.1.7 on another domain and the feature doesn't work in 'fresh' environment too.

Do you have any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this the admin, Mailing List, Import Subscribers tab?

If so, I see no difference in the code that would now stop CubeCart from adding comma-delimited emails to the database.

(I am currently not able to trace out the code execution, so cannot determine what may be happening.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, bsmither said:

Is this the admin, Mailing List, Import Subscribers tab?

If so, I see no difference in the code that would now stop CubeCart from adding comma-delimited emails to the database.

(I am currently not able to trace out the code execution, so cannot determine what may be happening.)

Oh, it's my bad, sorry. It's frontend side. 

As a customer I located on the homepage and add my e-mail at the bottom of the page in the mailing list. When I press 'Subscribe' button, I moved on the top of the page. But I don't see any messages like 'You e-mail successfully added to the mailing list" and as an admin I don't see new e-mails in the mailing list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There seems to be some new code regarding this "Mailing List" text field. Testing the demo store results in crashing the javascript when clicking the "Subscribe" button.

I will submit an issue into the Github.

Sorry, but I currently am unable to troubleshoot for the exact cause.

Edit: after a second test, for which I forced my browser to reload all the page's resources (specifically, 3.cubecart.validate.js), this functionality is working correctly.

If this is your own observation, then force your browser to reload page resources (usually by CTRL-F5), and try again.

If you have visitors complaining, then we may need to make an edit to the template that will require the browser to load this file for each page request, thus ensuring the most recent version is always being used.

Edited by bsmither
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bsmither said:

There seems to be some new code regarding this "Mailing List" text field. Testing the demo store results in crashing the javascript when clicking the "Subscribe" button.

I will submit an issue into the Github.

Sorry, but I currently am unable to troubleshoot for the exact cause.

Edit: after a second test, for which I forced my browser to reload all the page's resources (specifically, 3.cubecart.validate.js), this functionality is working correctly.

If this is your own observation, then force your browser to reload page resources (usually by CTRL-F5), and try again.

If you have visitors complaining, then we may need to make an edit to the template that will require the browser to load this file for each page request, thus ensuring the most recent version is always being used.

I checked several time on different computers with different browsers (cache was cleaned) - same behavior. Moreover, I installed a new 6.1.7 environment on the new domain and this feature doesn't work from the first steps.

Additional details:

 1) Backend

     a) As an admin I tried to add an e-mail by 'Mailing List/Import subscribers' feature.

         The result is error:

       "/admin_XXXXXX/sources/customers/subscribersgeneral.inc.php - not found."

         But e-mail was added to the mailing list.

      b )  As an admin I tried to delete an e-mail by 'Mailing List/Import subscribers' feature.

         The result is error:

       "/admin_XXXXXX/sources/customers/subscribersgeneral.inc.php - not found."

         But e-mail was deleted from the mailing list.

   2) Frontend

      a) As an user I tried to add an existing e-mail.

          Verification works fine

      b ) As an user I tried to add an invalid e-mail looks like 'ab' or '[email protected]'

          Verification works fine

      c) As an user I tried to add an invalid e-mail looks like '[email protected]'

          Verification doesn't work

      d) As an user I tried to add a new valid e-mail.

          It doesn't work

 

VM103:2 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 1 at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at Object.dataFilter (3.cubecart.validate.js:124) at N (jquery.js:14) at c (jquery.js:25) at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.js:27)

       e) As an user I make an order and tick the option 'Add my e-mail to the mailing list'

           A order processes without errors. A email added to the mailing list correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bsmither said:

I cannot reproduce the backend behavior on CubeCart's "Demo" store.

I checked front-end and back-end cases this morning from another computer (different OS, different versions of browsers in comparison with previous tests). The result is next:

1) Back-end works fine - no errors.

2) Front-end behavior is same - impossible to add e-mail to a mailing list.

However, I found your e-mail in the mailing list. Was it successfully from the first time or did you find any difficulties? Do you need any admin credentials?

Edited by SergeiG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't help on this, either, as I use a MailChimp plugin for mailing lists. I have tested that, and it seems to be working on 6.1.7, but I wouldn't swear to it. I have had to turn off recaptcha completely for the time being, and since subscribing involves the registration page or checkout, I can't be sure it would work with captcha on.

Just as a possibility - temporarily turn off recaptcha and see if the subscription works then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

I can't help on this, either, as I use a MailChimp plugin for mailing lists. I have tested that, and it seems to be working on 6.1.7, but I wouldn't swear to it. I have had to turn off recaptcha completely for the time being, and since subscribing involves the registration page or checkout, I can't be sure it would work with captcha on.

Just as a possibility - temporarily turn off recaptcha and see if the subscription works then.

For testing reasons I turned off captcha/recaptha features at all from the first steps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Sorry - I was hoping...

Me too...:(

I hoped to launch a shop an this weekend and this feature is critically important. But right I can't choose what is better - launch site on the 6.1.5 and have upgrade issues later, or use 6.1.7 and have issues now with hope for bug-free future...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I delayed until this weekend upgrading from 6.1.5 on our main store. I tested lots on the other two stores, but I guess I didn't test newsletter subscription. If this is crucial for you my humble opinion would be to wait for 6.1.8 or a temporary code fix for this in 6.1.7.

Good luck, no matter which you decide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some more testing, and MailChimp is NOT currently getting the new subscriber info IF the customer tries to subscribe from the Checkout or Registration page.

If they use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe button from their Account Newsletter Subscriptions button - Subscribe shows up in the MailChimp List. Unsubscribe doesn't see to work properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SergeiG said:

But right I can't choose what is better - launch site on the 6.1.5 and have upgrade issues later, or use 6.1.7 and have issues now with hope for bug-free future...

With the number of different issues with 6.1.7 I would strongly suggest going with 6.1.5. There are no upgrade issues if you do a manual upgrade which is simple and has been documented several times on here and always works

Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2017 at 0:21 AM, SergeiG said:

My test environment is http://cube.mywinnipeg.info/

It's installation 'from box' - no any changes.

Could you be so kind to try to add any valid e-mail to a mailing list?

I just subscribed with an obviously fake registration without any problems. My browser has the newest javascript versions in use, as I have two sites on 6.1.7.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/04/2017 at 6:21 AM, SergeiG said:

My test environment is http://cube.mywinnipeg.info/

It's installation 'from box' - no any changes.

Could you be so kind to try to add any valid e-mail to a mailing list?

P.S. I can send you admin credentials by e-mail.

It didn't work for me. There is no default product? Did you delete it after install? Maybe the store isn't installed right or there was an error on install. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

@SergeiG Can you go to the stores settings and just click save then see if it works?

Sorry for delay with answers, I tried to collect enough information...

1)  The error "VM103:2 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 1 at JSON.parse (<anonymous>) at Object.dataFilter (3.cubecart.validate.js:124) at N (jquery.js:14) at c (jquery.js:25) at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (jquery.js:27)" was caused by usage 'incognito' mode in Chrome.

2) I created absolutely new site - cube2.mywinnipeg.info

    No any errors during an installation process. Subscription doesn't work from the first launch.

    I visited 'Store setting', updated the country and the county, press 'Save' - didn't help.

3) In total I have 3 domains (two different hosting company):

  6.1.5 - works fine

  6.1.7 upgraded from 6.1.5 - doesn't work

  6.1.7 'from the box' - doesn't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...